Thread: deleting pics

Default deleting pics

hi ppl,

I heard deleting picture directly from dslr is not good to the camera, is it true? if it is true,what is the risk? my friend say it is better to upload to comp the delete is it really must be so troublesome?

Default Re: deleting pics

it's not true... it's neither bad for the camera nor for the memory card...

but on the other hand, if you don't need to free up space to shoot more stuff, it's good to bring everything back and transfer and go through everything on your computer, just so that you won't miss anything... that shot you want to delete might actually be useful...

but after you transfer all your images to your comp, use your camera to reformat your card... this would optimize your card to make sure new captures are written most efficiently in your card... it would be advisable to do that every time you transfer images to your computer and clear your card...

not bad for anyone, just you, if you are a blur dodo who deletes all your pictures by accident.

Think you being misled by your friend but its good to clear your doubts.

Don't think camera manufacturers will be so stupid to put a delete button function that in the end damage their camera. Unless their service centre budget is very high

your fren think too much. on wat basis its bad (you should have ask your fren this)?

for me i always had the habit to delete those photos that i find cmi on the spot after i took the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephzz87 View Post
    I heard deleting picture directly from dslr is not good to the camera, is it true? if it is true,what is the risk? my friend say it is better to upload to comp the delete is it really must be so troublesome?
    Not sure whether you got something wrong here. The upload to PC is an advice against accidental deleting of images. Once you have uploaded all images you can select and delete on PC. if you happen to delete an image by accident you have a) the Trash Bin of your PC and b) the memory card of your camera to retrieve the deleted file again.
    Deleting on camera can be undone but requires more efforts and additional knowledge and software.
    Since all camera makers include the "Delete" function into their camera there is no damage or whatsoever to your camera in using it. Wouldn't it be damn stupid otherwise?
    EOS

i've heard a few things...
    but this is like seriously..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL