Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

  1. #1

    Default Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Just wanna discussed and share your passion and what makes you tick in the pursue of this great hobby.

    The objective is to share and hopefully to affirm everyone's passion.

    My passion in photography is having the interest in collaboration between man (or woman) and a camera to seek out the perfect balance of a scene and recording it. The reason is for personal archiving and communicating with others. My interest also include life-long learning about the history of photography and its derivation of photographic equipments, lens type and construction type, etc. For me, fancy techniques and equipments is becoming more of less crucial now as I am becoming an old fart. Hence I pursue only in geometry and their relations in a composition. Its strange but whenever I see or hold a camera suddenly my happy-ness matrix suddenly goes up. My hackish mind will then immediately formulate different possibilities this camera can provide, and try to understand its characteristic of the photo it can output (for god sake, even if its a toy camera!!). And hence I guess the only vice this hobby brings is the BBB syndrome or the BSBSB syndrome.

    I get immense satisfaction when I completed the shoot and half-way heading back home, and to see my some photos turned out to be acceptable, or great, IMO. Haha this may sounds rather cliche, perhaps you are different.

    Whats yours?
    Last edited by Dslrman; 17th April 2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness. ~Yousuf Karsh.
    http://www.flickr.com/dslrman

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Mine is gear.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    nothing... i dun shoot to win prize, nor i shoot to earn money... and i don't even shoot nowadays... think other than 'drive' i need time to 'drive'.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    the ability to make xmm smile at me when i look through the viewfinder is why i shoot.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Basically its just hobby and gear, and i feel satisfied if my shots are great...
    No photographer is as good as the simplest camera

  6. #6
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    I enjoy looking at nice photos... and I want to see, if I try hard would I be able to produce nice shots like some gurus here too....

    Joking lah... seriously, I just wanna outdo a goat with an under rated camera called Pentax...
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the ability to make xmm smile at me when i look through the viewfinder is why i shoot.
    not hard lah... stick a $1000 note around the lens barrel will do. its not the lens or camera that matters...

    remember to give them tips for every perfect smile they deliver.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

    Joking lah... seriously, I just wanna outdo a goat with an under rated camera called Pentax...
    goat how to use camera ??

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    not hard lah... stick a $1000 note around the lens barrel will do. its not the lens or camera that matters...

    remember to give them tips for every perfect smile they deliver.
    i think $1000 they will kiss you.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think $1000 they will kiss you.
    i think last quoted price 700 already can have sex liao, the guy ended up not paying a single cent and got free nude shoot even... kudos to that 35 year old guy.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    goat how to use camera ?? :
    Horns lor or the "goaties"?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think $1000 they will kiss you. :
    Hm... maybe it not just kiss liao.... Hug you?
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i think last quoted price 700 already can have sex liao, the guy ended up not paying a single cent and got free nude shoot even... kudos to that 35 year old guy.
    700 expensive leh, my most expensive lens around that price.

    have sex once = 700, sorry, i am poor student.

    i rather play with slutty cats. FOC.

  13. #13
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    I shoot because I enjoy it..... nothing more, nothing less.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  14. #14

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post



    Hm... maybe it not just kiss liao.... Hug you?
    carry tripod and bag around for one week.

    quite worth it, if i more rich i don't mind having xmm do that for me. also achieve positive purpose of toughening them up to do more things than just pout and do victory signs and act cute.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    700 expensive leh, my most expensive lens around that price.

    have sex once = 700, sorry, i am poor student.

    i rather play with slutty cats. FOC.
    nobody ask u to pay mah... the 35 year old unker din... he merely quoted, offered and wasn't issued an invoice, probably thats why he din pay, then he tried to call the person again to make payment and police catch him.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    nobody ask u to pay mah... the 35 year old unker din... he merely quoted, offered and wasn't issued an invoice, probably thats why he din pay, then he tried to call the person again to make payment and police catch him.
    luckily no one hard candy the 35 year old uncle.

    although, on the bright side, if one uncle no more kkj, then the other young boys and not-so-young perverts online will not sign up for clone msn account and anyhow add people and clown around..

    wa lau, even if never pay, got girl want to sleep with you for xxx money, i scared leh. wait got many free gifts like at it fair like that.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    carry tripod and bag around for one week.

    quite worth it, if i more rich i don't mind having xmm do that for me. also achieve positive purpose of toughening them up to do more things than just pout and do victory signs and act cute.
    that's still too x just to carry tripod and bag....

    with 1k i can PRINT MANY PHOTOS!
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    that's still too x just to carry tripod and bag....

    with 1k i can PRINT MANY PHOTOS!
    assuming even 50 cents per 4r, that's like 2000 4rs.

    can print 2000 4rs and swim in xmm 4r sea.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    assuming even 50 cents per 4r, that's like 2000 4rs.

    can print 2000 4rs and swim in xmm 4r sea.
    so ex ar 4R now... i think print so many, maybe 15cents nia... i think can build a mattress out of it and i can say i am sleeping with more than 5000 xmms AT THE SAME TIME!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Fellow photogs, what drives your passion?

    what drives ..
    Carry big camera + big long lens & act pro all the way :-)
    Last edited by zero o; 17th April 2010 at 10:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •