Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are those advance features in cameras slowly depriving our creativity?

Default Re: Are those advance features in cameras slowly depriving our creativity?

I think however technology evolve we should embrace it, although there are some aspects that only a human instinct can do like composition maybe... again even in composition one person's meat is another's poison.

If there comes a time where everything can be automated why not...

It's begun. Check-out this link.

../azul123

Default Re: Are those advance features in cameras slowly depriving our creativity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dslrman View Post
    "One shot one kill" is just a state of mind, and an aspiration ones hope to achieve. Actually its rather "one shot, many misses" for me. But at least this way it works for me coz I am more prudent when taking shots. But when I really gets the "kill" the satisfaction is higher. I am not a fan of continuosly firing whenever the subject moves, then to select the best shots. Its kinda like the next steps towards the machine gun joe mentality.
    its also a discipline one need to cultivate, lot of thinking needs to go into what's need to be seen and compose before pressing the shutter. call me old school, old fart, i also do not subscribe to shooting more then delete.
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

Blog Entries

for the un-lazy, it frees up time and effort for more creative work
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

the automated features are there to make your shooting experience easier, taking your mind of the more mundane aspects of image capture so that you can concentrate on the creative aspect of composing the image...

and "one shot, one kill" only works for rifle marksmanship, not photography... all those amazing shots from the greats, they are culled from hundreds of shots which are not up to their standards...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    the automated features are there to make your shooting experience easier, taking your mind of the more mundane aspects of image capture so that you can concentrate on the creative aspect of composing the image...

and "one shot, one kill" only works for rifle marksmanship, not photography... all those amazing shots from the greats, they are culled from hundreds of shots which are not up to their standards...

But isn't film photography begets "one shot, one kill" mentality, for example? Afterall the most you can only have 36 "bullets" per load up. The great photogs in the past may perhaps take a few shots to capture the situation rather than having the luxury to auto-firing with high FPS shots with modern technology.
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness. ~Yousuf Karsh.
    http://www.flickr.com/dslrman

But isn't film photography begets "one shot, one kill" mentality, for example? Afterall the most you can only have 36 "bullets" per load up. The great photogs in the past may perhaps take a few shots to capture the situation rather than having the luxury to auto-firing with high FPS shots with modern technology.
    i can tell you that if you want to machine gun, doesn't matter if it's film or digital.

Wah you so clever , how did you figured it all out??
    That is the reason for this post to help me make up my mind. But its a good debate for all no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i can tell you that if you want to machine gun, doesn't matter if it's film or digital.

Wah you so clever , how did you figured it all out??
    That is the reason for this post to help me make up my mind. But its a good debate for all no doubt.
    because i machine gun my film camera before.

Seriously what make you think machine gun your shot can secure good photo.

Technology will help bring creativity to a greater height.

Even stone carving by caveman is a break thru technology in their time to express themselves, film is actually a space age technology that those caveman don't even dare to dream.

its not hard to imagine those days of using large formats, glass films etc... none of those great photogs during those time has the luxury of taking many frames and selecting the best. A lot of thoughts and documentation take place before a single shot was even taken and we have many great photos from the likes of Ansel Adams, Bill Brandt, Walker Evans, William Klein, etc....
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Xing View Post
    its not hard to imagine those days of using large formats, glass films etc... none of those great photogs during those time has the luxury of taking many frames and selecting the best. A lot of thoughts and documentation take place before a single shot was even taken and we have many great photos from the likes of Ansel Adams, Bill Brandt, Walker Evans, William Klein, etc....
    and there were equally many who excelled and made the 35mm film format (which was considered low quality) what it is today.

Break thru technology was discovered 13,000 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-Britain.html

OMG, now i started to feel even using pencil to write is insulting my creativity!!!!!!

I bet its the most satisfying thing you can ever have.

Just imagine, your flim rolls in high speed inside your camera while the the shutter keeps flickering while you hear the most authentic high shutter speed sound ripping through the air.

Shiok eh?

Umm...a point to take.

Thats begets the question, is drawing the primodial step before photography when the advent of photography considered the latest technology?

Learning about the history can sort of anticipate the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Break thru technology was discovered 13,000 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-Britain.html

OMG, now i started to feel even using pencil to write is insulting my creativity!!!!!!

I bet its the most satisfying thing you can ever have.

Just imagine, your flim rolls in high speed inside your camera while the the shutter keeps flickering while you hear the most authentic high shutter speed sound ripping through the air.

Shiok eh?
    erm, nah, i machine gunned my vivitar wide and slim because i was bored and wanted to try my hand at the "grab a masterpiece by not thinking" game.

I know of someone who love to "machine gun" his Canon EOS 7D into empty space to show of the "high speed burst capability" and the read/write speed of his Sandisk Extreme Pro or whatever as he click continuously on the shuttle button for minutes on end. Barely 4 months into purchasing his DLSR, the shuttle count is already approaching 180,000.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 18th April 2010 at 03:25 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

no, because with a perfectionist's mentality, those guys would take multiple shots, either bracketing the exposure, trying different angles, catching slightly different moments, or just on a whim, so that they can have a higher probability of capturing a good image... 36 exposures can already provide quite a number of captures for ONE scene... or they can have another body handy, and thus have 72...
    actually, even for large format film, to this day, they do make it a point to take multiple captures, especially as the depth of focus is so narrow they may even have to bracket focus just to make sure they capture an image that is appropriately focused...

Thats begets the question, is drawing the primodial step before photography when the advent of photography considered the latest technology?

Learning about the history can sort of anticipate the future...
    What i mean is that we should enbrace technology and let it broaden our mind.
    Technology can't take away your creativity unless you wanted to surrender it.

I own one of the best camera and lens that Nikon had...but my pictures still sucks....Am I hopeless leh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast