Thread: Netbook memory upgrade

Default Netbook memory upgrade

I've been trying to find this info online but everything seems to be confusing me. I am wondering what is the max memory that my Samsung N150 netbook can handle. The default is a 1GB and I'm wondering if I can get it upgraded. I might have missed something but I just can't find what is the max it can handle. Anyone familiar with these can help? Thanks

Default Re: Netbook memory upgrade

http://www.netbookusers.com/smf/sams...omplete-guide/

"Intel Atom N450 (Pineview) based machines can't access more than 2GB of RAM in total. A 1GB memory module is installed in the memory slot at the bottom of your computer. There is, however, only one memory slot on the motherboard, so this means that you'll have to remove the current RAM module in order to insert a new one. For your Samsung N150 you need a standard 200 pin DDR2 SODIMM laptop memory module (not desktop memory). Select a 2GB DDR2 SODIMM memory module of 667MHz or 800MHz. These may be referenced as PC2-5400 or PC2-6400. Recommended brands include, but are not limited to, Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, Hynix and Viking. You can compare prices and specs here:"

Default Re: Netbook memory upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    http://www.netbookusers.com/smf/sams...omplete-guide/

"Intel Atom N450 (Pineview) based machines can't access more than 2GB of RAM in total. A 1GB memory module is installed in the memory slot at the bottom of your computer. There is, however, only one memory slot on the motherboard, so this means that you'll have to remove the current RAM module in order to insert a new one. For your Samsung N150 you need a standard 200 pin DDR2 SODIMM laptop memory module (not desktop memory). Select a 2GB DDR2 SODIMM memory module of 667MHz or 800MHz. These may be referenced as PC2-5400 or PC2-6400. Recommended brands include, but are not limited to, Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, Hynix and Viking. You can compare prices and specs here:"
    Gosh. How did I miss this. Thanks.