Thread: Flash bracket for FZ1

Default Flash bracket for FZ1

Am thinking of getting a flash bracket along with a slave flash for the pana FZ1, can't seem to find much talk abt flahs brackets in here (CS)

is there any particular factors like brand/model/make/type (if there is such a distinction) tolook out for when buying or even just reading up?

or does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks in advance!

Hi,

Konica made a very nice (and robust) metal flash bracket. It's quite cheap (about S$20 I think). It can be folded together, like a stapler.

Get Suntax or emoblitz digital slave flash which comes with bracket ....

I'm using the Emoblitz slave. The supplied bracket is plastic, and I don't think it will last long. Look and feel flimsy. That's why I bought the Konica bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by sooming
    I'm using the Emoblitz slave. The supplied bracket is plastic, and I don't think it will last long. Look and feel flimsy. That's why I bought the Konica bracket.
    wah...but the konica bracket, can fit the FZ1 anot? or issit some general size thingy one?

any model name to search for?

and also, seems like diff cams have diff types/patterns of contacts for flashes, so is there any standard or anything to look out for?

I didn't keep the original packing therefore I cannot trace the product code. Sorry. Nevertheless, this flash bracket is for universal fit as it screws on to the tripod connector underneath your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by sooming
    I didn't keep the original packing therefore I cannot trace the product code. Sorry. Nevertheless, this flash bracket is for universal fit as it screws on to the tripod connector underneath your camera.
    thanks...
    i think i'll have to see the thing itself ah, not asking abt the screw thread size, but whether it can accomodate the camera itself

too suaku liao ah.....

If you mean whether it's strong enough to hold the weight of the camera, the answer's YES!

lol...thanks!

got any pic of it?