Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: DSLR Reccomendations

  1. #101

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by smile_gerard View Post
    Wow your going straight for the 50 1.4...
    Ever considered the Sigma 30 1.4?
    I'd actually recommend a bigger dry cabinet. I bought a 60L as my first dry cabinet, back then it seemed so big. But now abt 4 years later, its not big enough haha.
    If your going to put a cheap filter, then there's no point in having a filter. Putting a cheap filter is like buying a sports car and then pump in 92 Why not consider using this instead http://www.artworkfoto.com/mcuv.html
    Their reasonably priced and their multi coated.
    i am using that. i paid $21 for it. OMG

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by nanochan1 View Post
    i am using that. i paid $21 for it. OMG
    I paid $90 for a light sphere when it came out.... Now got so many chiong ones around...
    S5pro,Toki28-70,12-24,Tam17-35spoilt,70-200,SB600,800,Voigt 58F1.4,http://hensongerard.multiply.com

  3. #103

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by nanochan1 View Post
    value for money i would say..

    don't worry a few days of settings will automatically get it right
    Quite confusing for the Dry Cabinets too.
    So many types & brands.
    No idea which is good.

    I was considering to get a little bigger one, perhaps 48L or 60L one.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by joycegian View Post
    Quite confusing for the Dry Cabinets too.
    So many types & brands.
    No idea which is good.

    I was considering to get a little bigger one, perhaps 48L or 60L one.
    I'm using a "Digicabi HD-60" its an analog one. It did take a few days to set up but once done it hasn't failed me since. 60L is a good size if u plan to have more lenses, camera bodies, flashes all that. Its always better to have more
    S5pro,Toki28-70,12-24,Tam17-35spoilt,70-200,SB600,800,Voigt 58F1.4,http://hensongerard.multiply.com

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by nanochan1 View Post
    i am using that. i paid $21 for it. OMG
    Top up $10+ more and you can get one of the best affordable filters for protection.

    Nikon NC filter FTW. Only problem is that it's hard to clean.

  6. #106

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by smile_gerard View Post
    I'm using a "Digicabi HD-60" its an analog one. It did take a few days to set up but once done it hasn't failed me since. 60L is a good size if u plan to have more lenses, camera bodies, flashes all that. Its always better to have more
    i am using DigiCab as well

  7. #107

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by nanochan1 View Post
    value for money i would say..

    don't worry a few days of settings will automatically get it right
    What setting should be set?
    No idea how to use a Dry Cabinet..

    Thought just plug in and the Dry Cabinet will ownself know what temp to set?

  8. #108
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Top up $10+ more and you can get one of the best affordable filters for protection.

    Nikon NC filter FTW. Only problem is that it's hard to clean.
    Care to elaborate the "hard to clean" part? Nikon NCs will be part of my considerations...

  9. #109
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by joycegian View Post
    What setting should be set?
    No idea how to use a Dry Cabinet..

    Thought just plug in and the Dry Cabinet will ownself know what temp to set?
    For AD series,you'll have to turn the dial to 12-1 o clock position for 40-45% RH.

    For DHC series,you just have to key in your desired RH and the dry cab will set for you

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Care to elaborate the "hard to clean" part? Nikon NCs will be part of my considerations...
    I've had a strand of hair stuck between the thread and the glass a few times before.

    If you accidentally get a fingerprint on the filter, it takes more effort to wipe off than you would for a B+W filter.

    It also somehow seems to attract quite a fair bit of dust.

    * Disclaimer: I rarely use a lens cap with the particular lens that I have this "problematic" filter on.

  11. #111
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: DSLR Reccomendations

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    I've had a strand of hair stuck between the thread and the glass a few times before.

    If you accidentally get a fingerprint on the filter, it takes more effort to wipe off than you would for a B+W filter.

    It also somehow seems to attract quite a fair bit of dust.

    * Disclaimer: I rarely use a lens cap with the particular lens that I have this "problematic" filter on.
    Thanks for the clarifications. I will keep this in mind.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •