Thread: Mac OS X CF Import Script

Default Mac OS X CF Import Script

Just written a shell script to automate my CF importing workflow. To run it, one can use a simple AppleScript to call the script from the desktop.

So what does the script? When run, it will first do a normal CF exist check, next it will create the respective folders (if not already existed), and then it will copy the contents of CF to their appropriate folders.

If you are interested, the script is here. (see it for more info)

It will be a donation ware. So do kindly donate something if you find it useful... ^^

Question

Might be doing a GUI app for this...

need some help here:

For Canon EOS DSLR, the CF mounted will be called

EOS_DIGITAL

what does it's called on Nikon DSLR, Olympus, and your respective DCAM

Thanks.

Is there a reason why manual scripting is preferred over using iPhoto?

Quote Originally Posted by alyee
    Is there a reason why manual scripting is preferred over using iPhoto?
    Yes, if you have your own filing system and dislike the one (and filing system used) by iPhoto.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Yes, if you have your own filing system and dislike the one (and filing system used) by iPhoto.
    I guess its a personal preference. iPhoto makes it convenient to manage the photos, but its probably not meant for archival management. You still drag photos into CD-Rs when you need to archive them.

Maybe you could also just use applescript fully to "tell Finder" to copy the files for you, instead of telling Terminal to launch a shell script

Well for me, it's much easier to do it in the familiar bourne shell script, anyway will be releasing a GUI version later.