Thread: Strange B&S threads

Default Strange B&S threads

Was scouting in the B&S section for good value wide angle lens when I came across this.
    I thought, well am late again, good value kanna taken up so fast by alert CSer. However, when I continued my scouting, I realised that the same seller had other lenses for sell too and all had been reserved within the same hour or the next.
    As far as I can remember, it took me a couple of weeks to sell of my lenses. So I am puzzled by these threads. Seller is selling at low prices, so is this a 'trick' to bring the 2nd hand prices down? Are these real deals or just some 'empty' threads?

What do you think?

Default Re: Strange B&S threads

Quote Originally Posted by woeilee View Post
    Was scouting in the B&S section for good value wide angle lens when I came across this.
    I thought, well am late again, good value kanna taken up so fast by alert CSer. However, when I continued my scouting, I realised that the same seller had other lenses for sell too and all had been reserved within the same hour or the next.
    As far as I can remember, it took me a couple of weeks to sell of my lenses. So I am puzzled by these threads. Seller is selling at low prices, so is this a 'trick' to bring the 2nd hand prices down? Are these real deals or just some 'empty' threads?

What do you think?
    Depends on luck. Maybe the seller is lucky enough to have interested buyers when he posted at that period of time. Sometimes I can have the items sold within 1/2 hours and sometimes longer. If you are lucky at the time posting, an interesting buyer is looking for it.

Cheers! Neighbour.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quite true that timing play a part. Perhaps those things that I deem less useful are not wanted by others too.

Good day neighbour

If it's cheap, it will be swiped quickly. Not easy to get cheap and good. I'm not surprised it gets reserved so quickly also.

Suggest TS try selling a kit lens $100 below market BnS rate... see how soon and many response will get.

you sell at what price, your lens.

i normally price my second hand sales at $20-$50 below market price, because i can't be bothered to wait so long. usually sold within a week, even for pentax items.

Well, I am sure some BnS threads with good deals are genuine, as I have sold some stuff at a good deal before and bought some at equally good discount. You have to be alert.

The next time you sell anything, list it with a good price and offers will start pouring in (provided the item is in demand, like the example you showed). You can also list as an auction with a low 'start bid' price. You need not accept any bid that is not up to your reserve price.

Quote Originally Posted by kayheem View Post
    Well, I am sure some BnS threads with good deals are genuine, as I have sold some stuff at a good deal before and bought some at equally good discount. You have to be alert.

The next time you sell anything, list it with a good price and offers will start pouring in (provided the item is in demand, like the example you showed). You can also list as an auction with a low 'start bid' price. You need not accept any bid that is not up to your reserve price.
    Auction is a good suggestion, thanks Kayheem.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you sell at what price, your lens.

i normally price my second hand sales at $20-$50 below market price, because i can't be bothered to wait so long. usually sold within a week, even for pentax items.
    For me, I will look back at previous threads that sell the same lens/thing and get the average price out of them. Guess I might need to sell at $20-$50 below the average price for good response. Thanks.