Thread: Places to Shoot in SG?

Default Places to Shoot in SG?

SG maybe small but have you check out every corner of SG?

I know there is similar threads and there is a thread in landscape already.

but lets not restrict to just landscape and try merge all these information into one thread?

List places (either buildings, people, objects, animals, floras etc) in SG that you think is worth to lift your butt off the chair and bring your camera to go and shoot.

Let me begin:

1. Pulau Ubin - There is this jetty near Chek Jawa, i simply loved that place! Maybe cos I hope to have a lake side house next time haha.
    2. Little India back alleys - After the Little India shootout with some bros here recently, this place had caught my interest!
    3. Ann Siang Street - After the Little India shootout, I begin to be more adventurous to go back alleys! haha. I even saw a bro with a model doing their shoot in one of the alley. There is heavy renovation works going on though.

more to come...

Default Re: Places to Shoot in SG?

Let me add some.

1. Pulau Ubin - There is this jetty near Chek Jawa, i simply loved that place! Maybe cos I hope to have a lake side house next time haha.
    2. Little India back alleys - After the Little India shootout with some bros here recently, this place had caught my interest!
    3. Ann Siang Street - After the Little India shootout, I begin to be more adventurous to go back alleys! haha. I even saw a bro with a model doing their shoot in one of the alley. There is heavy renovation works going on though.
    4. Duxton Hill - Shophouses with back alleys. Careful the dog ****.
    5. Boat Quay - Back alleys of the Pubs
    6. Lim Chu Kang Jetty - Air filled with smelly fish
    7. Choa Chu Kang Long Kang - My training ground and a free swimming pool.
    8. Xiao Gui Ling - Near Bukit Gombak MRT, a nice place for outdoor wedding photography

more to come...
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

bro, you talking about uncommon places?

in which case, maybe it is better to state that in our haste to share it is important to remember that the forum is an open one. unfortunately this is a double-edged sword. i once shared a location somewhere, and soon my friends who went were telling me that the security guards in that location were stopping people from entering the location to shoot that particular view, because too many people were headed that way.

something to think about, perhaps for less-than-public places, or the grey areas, share it only with people you know you can trust. as much as we want to encourage community spirit, let's say, if the location is in someone's housing estate and people end up going as groups of 10-15 and line themselves up on the corridor or staircase landing while making a lot of noise, it is not hard to see why people will be irked.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

in which case, maybe it is better to state that in our haste to share it is important to remember that the forum is an open one. unfortunately this is a double-edged sword. i once shared a location somewhere, and soon my friends who went were telling me that the security guards in that location were stopping people from entering the location to shoot that particular view, because too many people were headed that way.

something to think about, perhaps for less-than-public places, or the grey areas, share it only with people you know you can trust. as much as we want to encourage community spirit, let's say, if the location is in someone's housing estate and people end up going as groups of 10-15 and line themselves up on the corridor or staircase landing while making a lot of noise, it is not hard to see why people will be irked.
    bro, it can be either common or non common places haha. but maybe put a note to warn bros to take heed of anything before going. but of cos if you find some places that you prefer to keep a secret its fine also... cos like you say, once many ppl stumble on this place and it gets too crowded, it means no chance for other ppl to go again.
    Last edited by sinned79; 15th April 2010 at 11:29 AM.

True saying. Only suggest those places that are too far or too smelly to go.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

8. Xiao Gui Ling - Near Bukit Gombak MRT, a nice place for outdoor wedding photography

9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    11. Almost every single reservoir
    12. Changi Beach/Boardwalk - right now the boardwalk is being renovated or something though, something to take note of
    13. Punggol LRT area - sometimes there is a pack of dogs roaming the area around the MRT station, but they generally are just all bark no bite
    14. Merlion Park and the Esplanade area - yes, many think it is boring and overshot but it is one of the most representative scenes of Singapore
    15. Fountain of Wealth, Suntec City
    16. Southern Ridges bridges - after the initial craze no one shoots there anymore
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

is bedok reservoir a good place to shoot? haven been there before in my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    is bedok reservoir a good place to shoot? haven been there before in my whole life
    You can try searching in CS or try to google for pics on it..

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    not the best for me, but i guess some people might find something to shoot.

here are some pictures that i have from that location:

last one's taken yesterday.

not the best for me, but i guess some people might find something to shoot.

here are some pictures that i have from that location:

last one's taken yesterday.
    thanks for the photos!

i go later to check haha... seems like sunset is a good time to go!

ermm.. hope later dun rain

9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    12. Changi Beach/Boardwalk - right now the boardwalk is being renovated or something though, something to take note of
    13. Punggol LRT area - sometimes there is a pack of dogs roaming the area around the MRT station, but they generally are just all bark no bite
    14. Merlion Park and the Esplanade area - yes, many think it is boring and overshot but it is one of the most representative scenes of Singapore
    16. Southern Ridges bridges - after the initial craze no one shoots there anymore
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

19. arab street and the surrounding areas
    20. labrador park
    21. marina barrage
    22. yishun dam ( i have never been there)
    23. sentosa. not sure if other islands (st john, kusu ..) are good, should explore one day

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

20. labrador park
    21. marina barrage
    23. sentosa. not sure if other islands (st john, kusu ..) are good, should explore one day
    thanks for adding bro.

9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

20. labrador park
    21. marina barrage

24.youth park
    25. clementi sunset way
    26. clementi railway
    27. jap garden
    ex Bidadari cemetary (potong pasir area)
    28. Haw Par Villa - Pasir Panjang
    Henderson Wave - Henderson
    Hort Park - Alexandra road

9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

20. labrador park
    21. marina barrage

24.youth park
    25. clementi sunset way
    26. clementi railway
    27. jap garden
    29. The whole stretch of Singapore River

9. Vivocity
    10. Punggol End Beach
    17. Chinese Gardens
    18. Kallang Basin

20. labrador park
    21. marina barrage

24.youth park
    25. clementi sunset way
    26. clementi railway
    27. jap garden
    29. The whole stretch of Singapore River
    30. chinatown
    31. botanic garden
    32. multistorey carparks
    33. open fields
    34. not really recommended but construction yards.. (seriously.. dangerous..)