Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

  1. #41
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    how much you asking for and when you upgrading?
    i intend to upgrade from my 30L to a 50L.
    I am not selling my 50L. Giving it to my brother.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    my motto:

    dun buy a DSLR if u cannot afford a dry cabinet!
    dun think its about affordability? its more about cost effectiveness, if got only 1 dslr, and use daily, i dun even see the need for dry box..

    but yeah, i think dry cab is useful long term. My dry cab is so full, i use it for everything...
    α850 | SAL2470Z | SAL135F18Z | SAL70200G | SAL50F1.4

  3. #43

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    I went to Carrefour @ Plaza Sing and John 3:16 @ Funan.
    I saw 2 versions of dry cabinet there. One is the electronic display inside the cabinet (top right behind glass door) and the other is with the electronic display on top of the cabinet. Other than price differences, what advantages and limitations each cabitnets have?

  4. #44

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin81 View Post
    I went to Carrefour @ Plaza Sing and John 3:16 @ Funan.
    I saw 2 versions of dry cabinet there. One is the electronic display inside the cabinet (top right behind glass door) and the other is with the electronic display on top of the cabinet. Other than price differences, what advantages and limitations each cabitnets have?
    Ok.. Found the differences.

    One is analog control while the other is digital control.

    Which is recommended? Seems that digitally controlled ones are much more expensive.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    analog means that you just suka adjust the dial, and then based on the meter to agar if it is correct.

    digital just means, i dial in % humidity, then the dry cabinet happily handle everything for you.

    i find analog ok mar, but of course digital need to chup less.

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin81 View Post
    Ok.. Found the differences.

    One is analog control while the other is digital control.

    Which is recommended? Seems that digitally controlled ones are much more expensive.
    there's more read up here.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    analog means that you just suka adjust the dial, and then based on the meter to agar if it is correct.

    digital just means, i dial in % humidity, then the dry cabinet happily handle everything for you.

    i find analog ok mar, but of course digital need to chup less.
    So you using a digital one or analog one?

    Actaully, I have pretty much decided to go for the digitally controlled AIPO. But just want to hear some assurance that my decision is correct. :P Yes, I hate myself too!
    Last edited by alvin81; 16th April 2010 at 08:05 AM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    the fungus doesn't go "oh, you use analog dry cabinet and your humidity is not exactly at 47%, so I'll infest your camera equipment!"
    heheheh as long as it's dry and inhospitable for the fungus, their growth will be significantly slowed.
    Exploring! :)

  9. #49
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin81 View Post
    So you using a digital one or analog one?

    Actaully, I have pretty much decided to go for the digitally controlled AIPO. But just want to hear some assurance that my decision is correct. :P Yes, I hate myself too!
    You have my assurance. I use AIPO 68L digital. It is damned good. The moment it arrived at my house, I plug in the socket and pretty threw in everything and went to sleep.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    You have my assurance. I use AIPO 68L digital. It is damned good. The moment it arrived at my house, I plug in the socket and pretty threw in everything and went to sleep.


    that's what i call, having a "peace of mind"

  11. #51
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    the fungus doesn't go "oh, you use analog dry cabinet and your humidity is not exactly at 47%, so I'll infest your camera equipment!"
    heheheh as long as it's dry and inhospitable for the fungus, their growth will be significantly slowed.
    Hey...fungus still fester and grow whether got dry cabi or not. The only diff is when we use more, it won't grow so fast. See all those 3.5 inch diskettes lying in the dry cabi...its growing some green carpet already. Anyway I solve the problem by adding mothballs.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  12. #52

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    My dry cabinet finally arrived. Its not an AIPO but a Digi-Cabi DHC-40. I got it at John 3:16. I have set the RH to 45% and everything is working well. The reading is at 45% and 30c.
    I have one concern though. The red LED seems to be always on and the power was never cut off even when the desired RH was achieved.

    The cabinet arrived at 11am and was turned on until now. Could there be problems with the electronics?
    Last edited by alvin81; 21st April 2010 at 12:25 AM.

  13. #53
    Member Alan Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    the red led i think will always be on and it also indicate that the power is on. the diode will need to be kept on to maintain the RH level. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    I will get a 33L cabinet this weekend. Guys, for dry cabinet, is the electrical pub bills high ??

  15. #55

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    the red led i think will always be on and it also indicate that the power is on. the diode will need to be kept on to maintain the RH level. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong.
    The red led is the power indicator.

    Cheers

  16. #56
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    yet to buy my dry cabinet.. currently just put my camera in the EOS bag with the silica gel.. thinking to get it this week end or may be after another weak. is it ok?
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  17. #57
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    I will get a 33L cabinet this weekend. Guys, for dry cabinet, is the electrical pub bills high ??
    avg about 5watts, do you think is high?

  18. #58
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    I just bought a big plastic container and put in a thirsty hippo and my camera and lense.
    $10 is what it takes..

  19. #59
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    I just bought a big plastic container and put in a thirsty hippo and my camera and lense.
    $10 is what it takes..
    Then you might be wrong.First,is your container air-tight?Those containers that come with your takeaway from food courts are not air-tight.

    Second,if you don't have a hygrometer,how are you gonna control the RH inside your container?(Don't you dare ask back where to get hygrometer.Go and search!)

    Third,1 lens=LENS.2 or more lens=LENSES.No such word called lense!

    Lastly,thirsty hippo cannot be recycled.After one year,you'll find out that you had spent more on buying thirsty hippos than having a dry cabinet

  20. #60
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Then you might be wrong.First,is your container air-tight?Those containers that come with your takeaway from food courts are not air-tight.

    Second,if you don't have a hygrometer,how are you gonna control the RH inside your container?(Don't you dare ask back where to get hygrometer.Go and search!)

    Third,1 lens=LENS.2 or more lens=LENSES.No such word called lense!

    Lastly,thirsty hippo cannot be recycled.After one year,you'll find out that you had spent more on buying thirsty hippos than having a dry cabinet
    Wah~~ okok~~ don so fierce lah~~ I noob only...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •