Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    how much you asking for and when you upgrading?
    i intend to upgrade from my 30L to a 50L.
    I am not selling my 50L. Giving it to my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    my motto:

dun buy a DSLR if u cannot afford a dry cabinet!
    dun think its about affordability? its more about cost effectiveness, if got only 1 dslr, and use daily, i dun even see the need for dry box..

but yeah, i think dry cab is useful long term. My dry cab is so full, i use it for everything...
    α850 | SAL2470Z | SAL135F18Z | SAL70200G | SAL50F1.4

I went to Carrefour @ Plaza Sing and John 3:16 @ Funan.
    I saw 2 versions of dry cabinet there. One is the electronic display inside the cabinet (top right behind glass door) and the other is with the electronic display on top of the cabinet. Other than price differences, what advantages and limitations each cabitnets have?

Quote Originally Posted by alvin81 View Post
    I went to Carrefour @ Plaza Sing and John 3:16 @ Funan.
    I saw 2 versions of dry cabinet there. One is the electronic display inside the cabinet (top right behind glass door) and the other is with the electronic display on top of the cabinet. Other than price differences, what advantages and limitations each cabitnets have?
    Ok.. Found the differences.

One is analog control while the other is digital control.

Which is recommended? Seems that digitally controlled ones are much more expensive.

analog means that you just suka adjust the dial, and then based on the meter to agar if it is correct.

digital just means, i dial in % humidity, then the dry cabinet happily handle everything for you.

i find analog ok mar, but of course digital need to chup less.

Ok.. Found the differences.

One is analog control while the other is digital control.

Which is recommended? Seems that digitally controlled ones are much more expensive.
    there's more read up here.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    analog means that you just suka adjust the dial, and then based on the meter to agar if it is correct.

digital just means, i dial in % humidity, then the dry cabinet happily handle everything for you.

i find analog ok mar, but of course digital need to chup less.
    So you using a digital one or analog one?

Actaully, I have pretty much decided to go for the digitally controlled AIPO. But just want to hear some assurance that my decision is correct. :P Yes, I hate myself too!
    Last edited by alvin81; 16th April 2010 at 08:05 AM.

the fungus doesn't go "oh, you use analog dry cabinet and your humidity is not exactly at 47%, so I'll infest your camera equipment!"
    heheheh as long as it's dry and inhospitable for the fungus, their growth will be significantly slowed.
    Exploring! :)

So you using a digital one or analog one?

Actaully, I have pretty much decided to go for the digitally controlled AIPO. But just want to hear some assurance that my decision is correct. :P Yes, I hate myself too!
    You have my assurance. I use AIPO 68L digital. It is damned good. The moment it arrived at my house, I plug in the socket and pretty threw in everything and went to sleep.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    You have my assurance. I use AIPO 68L digital. It is damned good. The moment it arrived at my house, I plug in the socket and pretty threw in everything and went to sleep.

that's what i call, having a "peace of mind"

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    the fungus doesn't go "oh, you use analog dry cabinet and your humidity is not exactly at 47%, so I'll infest your camera equipment!"
    heheheh as long as it's dry and inhospitable for the fungus, their growth will be significantly slowed.
    Hey...fungus still fester and grow whether got dry cabi or not. The only diff is when we use more, it won't grow so fast. See all those 3.5 inch diskettes lying in the dry cabi...its growing some green carpet already. Anyway I solve the problem by adding mothballs.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

My dry cabinet finally arrived. Its not an AIPO but a Digi-Cabi DHC-40. I got it at John 3:16. I have set the RH to 45% and everything is working well. The reading is at 45% and 30c.
    I have one concern though. The red LED seems to be always on and the power was never cut off even when the desired RH was achieved.

The cabinet arrived at 11am and was turned on until now. Could there be problems with the electronics?
    Last edited by alvin81; 21st April 2010 at 12:25 AM.

the red led i think will always be on and it also indicate that the power is on. the diode will need to be kept on to maintain the RH level. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong.

I will get a 33L cabinet this weekend. Guys, for dry cabinet, is the electrical pub bills high ??

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    the red led i think will always be on and it also indicate that the power is on. the diode will need to be kept on to maintain the RH level. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong.
    The red led is the power indicator.

Cheers

yet to buy my dry cabinet.. currently just put my camera in the EOS bag with the silica gel.. thinking to get it this week end or may be after another weak. is it ok?
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    I will get a 33L cabinet this weekend. Guys, for dry cabinet, is the electrical pub bills high ??
    avg about 5watts, do you think is high?

I just bought a big plastic container and put in a thirsty hippo and my camera and lense.
    $10 is what it takes..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    I just bought a big plastic container and put in a thirsty hippo and my camera and lense.
    $10 is what it takes..
    Then you might be wrong.First,is your container air-tight?Those containers that come with your takeaway from food courts are not air-tight.

Second,if you don't have a hygrometer,how are you gonna control the RH inside your container?(Don't you dare ask back where to get hygrometer.Go and search!)

Third,1 lens=LENS.2 or more lens=LENSES.No such word called lense!

Lastly,thirsty hippo cannot be recycled.After one year,you'll find out that you had spent more on buying thirsty hippos than having a dry cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Then you might be wrong.First,is your container air-tight?Those containers that come with your takeaway from food courts are not air-tight.

Second,if you don't have a hygrometer,how are you gonna control the RH inside your container?(Don't you dare ask back where to get hygrometer.Go and search!)

Third,1 lens=LENS.2 or more lens=LENSES.No such word called lense!

Lastly,thirsty hippo cannot be recycled.After one year,you'll find out that you had spent more on buying thirsty hippos than having a dry cabinet
    Wah~~ okok~~ don so fierce lah~~ I noob only...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast