Thread: Sandisk Ultra II 512mb compatible cf card reader

Default Sandisk Ultra II 512mb compatible cf card reader

Hi guys,

Just got me a sandisk ultra II 512mb cf for my D70. Was thinking of getting a cf card reader to go with it since its quite a hassle reading the images each time from the D70 itself. Do you guys use a cf card reader for transferring images?

Went to SLS to have a look and kinda confused by the huge array of card readers. Which ones would be compatible with the Sandisk Ultra II 512mb? Anyone has any experience?

Thanks in advance!

Any CF card reader will do.

just get a USB 2.0 CF card reader, costs around $25 i think. But it will only be fast if you have USB 2.0 port on your PC.

most card readers these days are usb2.0 and work with usb1.1 ports too... and they are plug and play with windows ME and later versions. They should plug and play with mac osX too...

U own a laptop with PCMCIA slot, get a PCMCIA Card reader instead of USB... else, yea, get a USB 2.0 card reader... dun get the 1.1 ones lar...

like they say, yea any card reader will do.

Quote Originally Posted by alff
    Hi guys,

Just got me a sandisk ultra II 512mb cf for my D70. Was thinking of getting a cf card reader to go with it since its quite a hassle reading the images each time from the D70 itself. Do you guys use a cf card reader for transferring images?

Went to SLS to have a look and kinda confused by the huge array of card readers. Which ones would be compatible with the Sandisk Ultra II 512mb? Anyone has any experience?

Thanks in advance!
    Any card reader is useable. Just make sure that the reader is compatible with your OS.

Cheers to all who replied. Appreciate your help! Will be going to grab one reader soon. Fingers crossed.

no wait i beg to differ.

not all card readers can read a particular CF card.

actually i think it's the really high speed of the sandisk ultra II, but i've tried it on a few card readers and they don't work. i've got this unbranded reader myself but it works. i've brought the CF card to shops to print and the shops can't read the CF card.. lucky i had a CDRW version of the photos.

better try before you buy.

i think it'd be good to go down to flashcard-bestbuy.com store (as in the physical store in sim lim tower) to get it. they'll let you try out the reader on the spot.