Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: need help with nokia 7250i infra

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default need help with nokia 7250i infra

    anyone in here using nokia 7250i? i'm quite new to this type of phones all the mms and rings tones and stuff. so i am wondering how do i download and upload things from and to my handphone.

    i dont have the infra tool, but i borrowed a friend's infra (see in the picture) to test out, but when i hook it up and try to connect, it gets connected but disconnect and it goes on. even if nothing is blocking, it will warn that there's something blocking or either phone or infra is removed.

    not sure it's it compatible, if anyone using 7250i, can tell me which infra tool i should get and how much is the price? or if you have a solution, please help me out also. thank you


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vonvonz
    anyone in here using nokia 7250i? i'm quite new to this type of phones all the mms and rings tones and stuff. so i am wondering how do i download and upload things from and to my handphone.

    i dont have the infra tool, but i borrowed a friend's infra (see in the picture) to test out, but when i hook it up and try to connect, it gets connected but disconnect and it goes on. even if nothing is blocking, it will warn that there's something blocking or either phone or infra is removed.

    not sure it's it compatible, if anyone using 7250i, can tell me which infra tool i should get and how much is the price? or if you have a solution, please help me out also. thank you

    Let me chip in my 2 cents worth, hopefully it helps your situation. You might need to make sure that the IR adaptor uses the IrDA driver, instead of the other type of driver which emulates a COM port. Secondly it could be that you left the phone idling without transfering data, so it auto disconnects. It happens to my 6610, but not my 8250, so I guess the newer phones try to save battery.

    P.S.: Most USB infra red adaptors should work fine with the proper drivers.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A70
    Let me chip in my 2 cents worth, hopefully it helps your situation. You might need to make sure that the IR adaptor uses the IrDA driver, instead of the other type of driver which emulates a COM port. Secondly it could be that you left the phone idling without transfering data, so it auto disconnects. It happens to my 6610, but not my 8250, so I guess the newer phones try to save battery.

    P.S.: Most USB infra red adaptors should work fine with the proper drivers.

    thank you. this leads to another question, because i dont have the CD for the nokia programs and all that. i downloaded 'Infrared (IrDA) Modem Driver for Windows 2000 and XP Users' from nokia's website, which is a inf. but i dont really know where i should put it file after i download it. had been looking for some instructions, but can't seems to find it. probably i'm blind or something.

    do you know where i should put it? or is it the right driver file?

  4. #4

    Default

    I belive you need to use Nokia suite to do the transfer.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    I belive you need to use Nokia suite to do the transfer.
    oh i have downloaded and installed the suite already, but the infra connection is not working properly.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    IrDA modem driver might not be the correct one. Going by the name it might be the driver for you to use the phone as a modem, and linking to the computer via IR instead of cables. What you need is the IrDA driver, and you should see a wireless link in your control panel after installing it, for Windows 2000 and XP. Another thing you can try is to see if there are generic infra red adaptor drivers in the OS, so effectively bypassing the need for CDs and other self-supplied drivers.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Jason's Heart
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A70
    IrDA modem driver might not be the correct one. Going by the name it might be the driver for you to use the phone as a modem, and linking to the computer via IR instead of cables. What you need is the IrDA driver, and you should see a wireless link in your control panel after installing it, for Windows 2000 and XP. Another thing you can try is to see if there are generic infra red adaptor drivers in the OS, so effectively bypassing the need for CDs and other self-supplied drivers.

    xp should have the generic driver, they detected it and it worked, just that it keeps saying that there's interference and stuff and going on and off, so transfering or viewing things in the phone is impossible.

    i'll try getting the proper driver/cd of the IR adaptor, else i'll just give up trying it until i get another adaptor or something. Thanks a lot for the suggestions and info.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •