Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    To add to the above:
    CO (Commanding Officer) - usually a MAJ or LTC
    2WO usually holds RSM or PC appointment.
    PS is usually 1SG or 2SG.
    actually the estab rank for platoon sargent is SSG, but usually you will not get this rank during peace time, so normally it is 1SG or 2SG. Once you reach your estab rank you cannot be promoted further unless you give you a higher appointment.

My appointment was platoon sargent, but my rank already SSG so they cannot make me MSG unless they send me for CSM course

a few things to do in SAF:

Be ON THE BALL, but don't be SEOW-ON. Don't be the following Kings: Tuang-King, Keng-King, MC King, Sabo-King (it's like drawing a bulls-eye on your forehead )

watch where you're going, don't get injured for nothing.
    control yourself, don't lose your temper.
    laugh, and everything will be fine.

Have fun and take care in the army my friend.

"If you drop your soap in the toilet dont bend down to pick it up."

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    a few things to do in SAF:

Be ON THE BALL, but don't be SEOW-ON. Don't be the following Kings: Tuang-King, Keng-King, MC King, Sabo-King (it's like drawing a bulls-eye on your forehead )

watch where you're going, don't get injured for nothing.
    control yourself, don't lose your temper.
    laugh, and everything will be fine.
    most importantly, don't be a BLUR-KING. listen attentively to all instructions and be alert to your surroundings and platoon mates. this is particularly relevant when you are at the firing range.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

welcum to hell
    kidding nia, do enjoy yourself every moment there, especially at nite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryer

As the enlistment date (1st April) draws nearer and nearer,
    the trepidation and the kan cheong spider in Wryer..
    Gets bigger and bigger..

Heh..looks like im gonna leave Clubsnap for a while as i will be having the noble and great task of learning how to protect my soil!! Yada yada.

Seen quite a lot of little tiffs here and there in CS for the past week or so. Hope it dies down the next time i log in.. Cool it guys.

Hai...a little nervy about my entry. Afraid that my physical fitness may not make the cut (as i have whined in the irc since last week , in case you guys don't know, im l0c0). Would a 11min+ runner at 2.4 and a 3-pullup pathetic wuss make it in BMT?

Hee..forgive my rant, need a outlet to vent as there is no one in my family who has gone through it recently...

any advices for this poor kid?

Thanks dudes, gonna miss the forum.

Regards
    April fool leh. Sayonala to freedom, to GF, to Cam. Just kidding lah. Must be very lucky to be enlisted now cause of the improved personal rights, health and saftety standards. Lucky lucky.

Heh! Just back from some shopping! Unfortunately..not lenses and filters, but soap and insect repellants...

Haha..yeah, i agree im pretty lucky to be in a 'safer' time. Yeah..i should have no problems with the rank structure.

Thanks all!! anymore to share their experiences?

no need insect repellant, you'd smell so bad no insect would be interested. plus after a while you will become immune, I hardly notice mosquito bites after a few hours.

Aiyah, NS is a ritual all abled bodied male Singaporean have to go through ...so don't worry too much

Do take care of yourself, think before you act and try to maintain a cheerful disposition.

No matter how terok the training is, take it like a man and don't or think of commiting suicide

After your 2.5 years of NS, trust me, you will have fond memories of it and endless hours of stories to tell

dude, aim for OCS. it will make u and your life better. thats one thign i regret not going for.

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    dude, aim for OCS. it will make u and your life better. thats one thign i regret not going for.
    Well, i guess everyone would love that oppurtunity, and i don't know if im that good enough to qualify. I won't think that far ahead, just wanna finish up my BMT and see what lies ahead. Mentally, i hope i am strong enough, but physically, like i whined since the start, im a very skeptical of myself.

i heard that A level holders have higher chance of OCS/sispec? How true is that? My gosh, as i slowly enter the real world, im beginning to see lots of untold discrimintion..sigh.

A level and poly more higher chance for OCS. mono-intake BMT quite unlike ly. u must indicate your interest for OCS to your PC/CSM/OC/PS and show more garang attitude. just think positive, take it one week at a time, try your best, make friends, follow rules, not sure always ask superiors , dont do unnecessary or stupid things, endure, always think: " last time people take care of you, now its your turn to take care of others, next time you will move on and soem others will take care of the even younger people". its a form of payback for what your fatherland has given u for all the past years. go do it once, do it good, and do it right, and serve your Singapura with Pride! :-)

also do not be artificial intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    also do not be artificial intelligence
    Must not assume that is. A friend of mine joked that the word actually means "Ass U & Me". It's never truer.

well, my motto was that no matter how shitty you feel at any point in time (whether road march, digging trenches), just remember, you get to go home when weekend comes (well provided if you are not confined )

Compared to those in Taiwan and Korea where soldiers are sent to places so so far away from home.

ganbatte! all the best.
    hold tight, and everything will past quickly.
    p(^_^)q

Thanks for all advices and encouragement! Appreciate it.

Argh..1 day left in civilisation..

hmmm...must i get black framed specs? Compulsory?

don't worry, you can kiwi your spectacle frame to remove the metallic glare.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast