Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye my friends!

Default Take it positively

Quote Originally Posted by Wryer
    I see..thanks! hopefully i will be able to make it physically. Physical aspect is the part that worries me a little.

Im not sure im with with company..my friend told me it may be jaguar? Hows that company? Personally, i have no inkling of which coy/company.
    Don't worry about physical aspect, you will survive.
    Was in BMTC Sch2 (Nee Soon then) and I find it's one of the most enjoyable time of my NS life. If you click with your platoon mates, then it's a holiday camp. If you take it negatively, then it's siong. Since you are going in no matter what, why not take it in your stride.

I ended up in the airforce as an aircraft tech then. Wasn't that good for active NS but definitely one of the best for reservice.

No worries about physical stuff. Just make sure your chin goes over the bar and no kicking or jerking on the way up or else its NO COUNT!!!.

Sch 1 Alpha,Bravo,Charlie,Delta,Echo,Foxtrot,Gryhon,Hawk ,Jaguar,Kilo.

Sch 2 Leopard,Mohawk,Ninja,Orion.Pegasus,Raven,Scorpion, Taurus,Ulysus,Viper,Whisky

I dunno why your friend tells you that its going to be Jaguar, that's sch 1. Anyways, each company's standards changes along with the personnel each time as well. IMO, each batch gets more and more nuah as the instructors are scared of getting **** from the top. When recruits complain to their parents, anything that might seem unreasonable becomes tekaning when it reaches the top brass. Sch 1 is luckier in the fact that their SSM covers for his instructors. Sch 2 no such luck. Most instructors are fine when everything goes well, just don't piss the armskote sergeant off.

Surviving NS is a matter of mindset. The more you reject it, the worse its going to get. Accepting the changes and adapting your thinking will make it a lot more fun and easier in the long run.
    Last edited by tmc17479; 30th March 2004 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    No worries about physical stuff. Just make sure your chin goes over the bar and no kicking or jerking on the way up or else its NO COUNT!!!.

Sch 1 Alpha,Bravo,Charlie,Delta,Echo,Foxtrot,Gryhon,Hawk ,Jaguar,Kilo.

Sch 2 Leopard,Mohawk,Ninja,Orion.Pegasus,Raven,Scorpion, Taurus,Ulysus,Viper,Whisky

I dunno why your friend tells you that its going to be Jaguar, that's sch 1. Anyways, each company's standards changes along with the personnel each time as well. IMO, each batch gets more and more nuah as the instructors are scared of getting **** from the top. When recruits complain to their parents, anything that might seem unreasonable becomes tekaning when it reaches the top brass. Sch 1 is luckier in the fact that their SSM covers for his instructors. Sch 2 no such luck. Most instructors are fine when everything goes well, just don't piss the armskote sergeant off.
    Wah, nowadays so many companies in BMTC schools.

Thousands of Singaporean males have passed it, so why not you?

Physical is the last thing you will have to worry about. Everyday do nothing but train and train...sure get fit one (unless you have inherent physical problems) then once you ORD you miss those fit days where you have nothing to do but train and train...

Attitude, dude. It all boils down to a positive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Thousands of Singaporean males have passed it, so why not you?

Physical is the last thing you will have to worry about. Everyday do nothing but train and train...sure get fit one (unless you have inherent physical problems) then once you ORD you miss those fit days where you have nothing to do but train and train...

Attitude, dude. It all boils down to a positive attitude.
    that is very true, but having your balls frightened off by the PTI also helps

anyone in ITD (Terror Barracks) during 1980? remember that huge bayi *ahem* I mean Singh PTI who rides his monster bike down to the SOC? The sight of his turban makes me feel a tightening in my groin, I'll rather run 10 times SOC than stand in front of the monster

then just before ROD kena posted to 42SAR in Selarang, CSM is a black leopard, geez! Full pack SOC, twice a day every day. In two weeks even my fattest most unfit man managed sub 10-min 2.4km.

that's why the quality of your trainer is important

All the best!!!

Would a 11min+ runner at 2.4 and a 3-pullup pathetic wuss make it in BMT?
    that is very good standard liao

my time is

b4 BMT running - 15min
    pull up - 0

after BMT running - 9min++
    pull up - 0

reservist running - 11min ( average)
    pull up - 6
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

hmmmm... i went into BMT without being able to do any pull-ups or run. Left BMT the same way. ORD even fatter.......

Oh, I forgot, I'm a PES C

Jokes aside, now all very welfare, somemore once in a while tekong will be intruded by armed terrorists, so no worries.

ENJOY! AND TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS! YOU WUN WAN TO FORGET THE FUN TIMES!

Don't worry lah, next time comes out with more steady hands to handhold big lens mah.

wha mega! 15min+ to 9min+ is no joke man! thats like a 50percent improvement!

Dennis: But the worse thing is got strength to hold big lens, no money to buy them..

Default how to make some $$ (legally) in the SAF

Dennis: But the worse thing is got strength to hold big lens, no money to buy them..
    there are always people going on ROD, these people all mood liaoz so doesn't want to do weekend duty. you can "sell" them weekend duty, i.e. you do their duty for them.

the going rate in 1981 was $80 (my grade 45 Armoured Engineer NCO pay was only $275) for weekend guard commander/BOS. $50 for weekend COS.

considering that I got no money to spend even if I book out or go home, might as well sell duty and earn some $$ weekend duty also senang, but spooky lah

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    the going rate in 1981 was $80 (my grade 45 Armoured Engineer NCO pay was only $275) for weekend guard commander/BOS. $50 for weekend COS.
    heh... grade 45 is 3SG right? can be BOS meh? thought most BOS are 2SG.

P.S. - oh, miss out that it's 1981. old rank structure.

dont worry..everybody can you also can!
    Dun try to siam things...aim for interesting vocations...haha..easy for me to say now that im out..

Good Evening Sergeant! (dun screw me if i get the rank wrong )
    Hee... i give you some basic knowledge..

Company Structure:
    OC (Officer Commanding)-> usually a CPT
    2IC (Company 2nd i/c)-> can be a 2LT or LTA
    CSM (Company Sergeant Major) -> can be a 2WO, MSG , SSG
    PC (Platoon Commander) -> can be a 2LT or LTA
    PS (Platoon Sergeant) -> can be either 2SG or 3SG
    Section Commander -> usually 3SG

address officers and warrant officers as "Sir", CSM as "encik" or "sergeant major", 1SG, 2SG, 3SG as "sergeant"... for outside BMT, SSG as "staff" and MSG as "master", for example Staff Singh, Master Rajah

salute to officers as and when needed
    Last edited by mervlam; 30th March 2004 at 12:54 PM.

You should have no problem with the ranks since you were in uniform group. Just make sure you greet the instructors, salute when you need to.

Always like to sell my weekends away. Now duties are like 50-100 still. Some desperados might buy at 150+ especially when they kena duty on v-day or new year's
    Last edited by tmc17479; 30th March 2004 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    Some desperados might buy at 150+ especially when they kena duty on v-day or new year's
    that's when a good relationship with the RSM comes in...

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    Hee... i give you some basic knowledge..

Company Structure:
    OC (Officer Commanding)-> usually a CPT
    2IC (Company 2nd i/c)-> can be a 2LT or LTA
    CSM (Company Sergeant Major) -> can be a 2WO, MSG , SSG
    PC (Platoon Commander) -> can be a 2LT or LTA
    PS (Platoon Sergeant) -> can be either 2SG or 3SG
    Section Commander -> usually 3SG

address officers and warrant officers as "Sir", CSM as "encik" or "sergeant major", 1SG, 2SG, 3SG as "sergeant"... for outside BMT, SSG as "staff" and MSG as "master", for example Staff Singh, Master Rajah

salute to officers as and when needed
    To add to the above:
    CO (Commanding Officer) - usually a MAJ or LTC
    2WO usually holds RSM or PC appointment.
    PS is usually 1SG or 2SG.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

wha mega! 15min+ to 9min+ is no joke man! thats like a 50percent improvement!

the pay is darn good now. My bro who is a full CPL and combat medic by vocation is already earning $500+ a month. More than what a 3SG would earn a couple of years back

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    that is very good standard liao

my time is

b4 BMT running - 15min
    pull up - 0

after BMT running - 9min++
    pull up - 0

reservist running - 11min ( average)
    pull up - 6
    My time is:

b4 BMT running - 12min
    pull up - 2

after BMT running - 10min++
    pull up - 6

during unit days - 8min++
    pull up - min 12

reservist running - 11min++
    pull up - 8-10

When was the last time I went in camp? I think it's last year or so. Unit going ROD this year, so saying bye bye to army.

As you can see from the results, the best timing I achieved is during my unit days, and that's about 1.5 to 2 years of your NS days. Try to enjoy during this time, as this is the period when you'll meet lots of 'kakis' and brothers. That's when your physique builds up.

Don't worry, it'll pass in no time. Just try your best in whatever you do and nothing will go wrong. If it goes wrong, just try your best again. What they want to see is that you've TRIED YOUR BEST, and nothing else. For me, I know for sure I'm not those 'sign-on' type, so just do the average and f*** off from there. Not use to these 'army jargon' at first, but that's the way it is, all Singaporean males got to get use to it.

All the best!
    Last edited by Virgo; 30th March 2004 at 01:58 PM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    heh... grade 45 is 3SG right? can be BOS meh? thought most BOS are 2SG.

P.S. - oh, miss out that it's 1981. old rank structure.
    heh, $50 in 1981 like gold mountain siaz I have never had $50 in my pocket prior to enlisting man

anyway grade 45 (in those days) are considered high because of armour vocation. same as commando. should have volunteered for the Engineer Tank (CEV and AVLB, seen those?) grade 55 man

last time COS and Guard Commander is CPL, then duty BOS is SGT.

LCP = satu ikan bilis
    CPL = dua ikan bilis
    SGT = tiga ikan bilis
    SSG = small jeem
    WO = chiu pio

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast