Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: Goodbye my friends!

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wryer
    Mervlam, what happened? Got into a serious injury? How did the rest of your NS life proceed after you OOC?

    Guys,i just did a check. 9th April is Good Friday, which is a public holidays, does that mean i can book out on 8th April night?even though i considered to be still in confinement week?

    Thanks!
    injury... after OOC, wait for coy ppl to POP... after POP went unit OJT, then go training sch. post back to unit. then one fine, they decided i go for re-course. by that time, i already a 3SG liaoz.. lol...

  2. #22

    Default

    I enlisted obese. First 2.4km was 18min and pullups 0. Finished BMT with 12mins in 2.4km and 12 pullups. If an overweight guy can do it so can you.. Adopt a postive attitude and all will go well.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leebl
    I enlisted obese. First 2.4km was 18min and pullups 0. Finished BMT with 12mins in 2.4km and 12 pullups. If an overweight guy can do it so can you.. Adopt a postive attitude and all will go well.

    Wow! Well done man!! Great feat achieved dude!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Hehe, don't worry, BMT is just a holiday camp compared to what happens if you get posted to unit or SISPEC or OCS. Just don't be blur, sergeant say anything go 'Yes, Sergeant!. No, Sergeant!' (Don't 'Sir' a sergeant unless you are asking for it). Keep a positive attitude; afterall, where else in the world do you get free lodging, free food, free 'recreational' activities and get paid for it some more? If you go into OCS, then good for you, cos you gots lots of money to afford L lenses or AF-S lenses when you come out.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Hee.. Okay, thanks for the advice! Nah...won't be aiming so high~~~ OCS, outta my reach lah!

    Well, just see how my first week goes...

  6. #26

    Default

    Woohoo...you're going to have the best time of your life...well, at least it was for me...

    BMT is cool stuff...now Tekong's a hoilday chalet...good food, good bed, better treatment. I went in PES BP, came out PES A! (Althought now ask me I'm PES BP in PES A disguise...haha...) From zero to hero lor!!

    You'll learn to appreciate the finer things in life, especially so when you only get to see the outside world for less than 48 hours every week...I remember during my first book out I told my mom how I appreciated her washing my laundry for so many years...

    If you set your sights on OCS, there is will be a way. Just don't because of that make enemies with your platoonmates...

    Tolerance is the way to go...you'll learn the true meaning of "one for all and all for one".

    Ahh...one thing I don't miss is definitely the cookhouse food...where got NTUC Foodfair last time...

    From a boy to a man--National Service

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    669

    Default

    statement.........

    Wryer...as mentioned lots of time liao...enjoy your NS stint....in no time you will ORD and begin to miss those days.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao

    From a boy to a man--National Service

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Yes guys. I agree. I want to be a man!!!!

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Which school you going in? Sch 1 or 2? Sch 1 more rigid as SSM is a red beret. Sch 2 is more lenient on things as SSM is a blur sucker and the CO covers his own ass first.
    First things you will understand is that you need to observe timing and help your platoon mates out, if you asking to go to sispec or ocs, then stand out among your peers. don't worry about your physical fitness, 3 chin-ups can get to 6 easily and your 11+mins will shorten to 10+ very fast.

    Bring 2 handphone batts and a good lock for your cupboard. just bring toiletries, hangers and some cash along with you. that's the most basic you need to bring there. Well that's about all you need to bring. Some girls pictures will be nice. Share with your bunkmates to build friendship

    FYI: Me stayed 2.5 years at tekong.

  10. #30

    Default

    Dun worry man... tell u wat.. the first time I took my IPPT in poly.. did only 3 rounds then they kept the time display already. Slow huh
    Pull ups ... well 1, no count 0, ... no count 0

    Went thru PTP phase... then BMT finally passed running my worst item at least can clock passing time, pull ups 12 oso no prob.

    Take it easy and dun ponder so much. Just make the best of the time while serving the country, u'll "enjoy" the experience after u've been thru it.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    Which school you going in? Sch 1 or 2? Sch 1 more rigid as SSM is a red beret. Sch 2 is more lenient on things as SSM is a blur sucker and the CO covers his own ass first.
    First things you will understand is that you need to observe timing and help your platoon mates out, if you asking to go to sispec or ocs, then stand out among your peers. don't worry about your physical fitness, 3 chin-ups can get to 6 easily and your 11+mins will shorten to 10+ very fast.

    Bring 2 handphone batts and a good lock for your cupboard. just bring toiletries, hangers and some cash along with you. that's the most basic you need to bring there. Well that's about all you need to bring. Some girls pictures will be nice. Share with your bunkmates to build friendship

    FYI: Me ex-instructor at BMTC.
    Good Evening Sergeant! (dun screw me if i get the rank wrong )
    Ohhh...me going to sch2. haha...almost peed my pants when i was INITIALLY in sch1, but for some reasons, it was changed. Any idea?

    Just a question, im enlisting on 1st April, but there is a public holiday on 9th April (gd friday), do i get to book out?

    Well, i have been in leadership positions at Uniformed groups until last year. No doubt i may be interested in sispec/ocs, but they do have a strict criteria right? like a Gold in IPPT and pass SOC is a must right?

    thanks for the advices!

    thank you sergeant!

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Make the most out of the 2.5 years and learn something meaningful and useful

    if u want to siam here siam there, in the end u still need to finish the 2.5 years, so treasure it

    Kinda, missed my NS days with all my friends, 3 more months to my next ICT

  13. #33

    Default

    All the best for your 2 and a half years Wryer! I went in there not knowing what the hell to expect, got homesick during the first few weeks of BMT, ate some 'great' cookhouse food, and was given a nice metal tray which we scrubbed with tiny pieces of sponge after meals. That was 6 years ago..and yah they suck..but its such memories that you'll remember for a long time.

    The one memory that stuck with me most: the feeling of dread at the start point of SOC. =P

    Haf fun and make the best out of it!

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toomz
    Dun worry man... tell u wat.. the first time I took my IPPT in poly.. did only 3 rounds then they kept the time display already. Slow huh
    Pull ups ... well 1, no count 0, ... no count 0

    Went thru PTP phase... then BMT finally passed running my worst item at least can clock passing time, pull ups 12 oso no prob.

    Take it easy and dun ponder so much. Just make the best of the time while serving the country, u'll "enjoy" the experience after u've been thru it.

    Hee..at least you have went through it like a true man! Hehe..i worried about the no-count thingy also. I escaped PTP by doing 8 pullups last year during my Napfa, but as ya all know, in JCs, the PE teachers closed one eyes and allow jerking, kicking etc. Plus the lobo-ing after A levels, i can only do 2-3 proper ones.

    My legs tend to curl up a little when im already at the last few. so kinda worried the PTI will shout 'no count! back to zero!'

    Regards

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    oh, you should try to get back to sch 1 (whatever that is!) because you learn and experience the most under the best and most DEMANDING trainers. You'll feel sorry for yourself while you're there but at the end you will treasure the experience. Money cannot buy OK

    training under lembeh trainer is a WASTE OF TIME

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    oh, you should try to get back to sch 1 (whatever that is!) because you learn and experience the most under the best and most DEMANDING trainers. You'll feel sorry for yourself while you're there but at the end you will treasure the experience. Money cannot buy OK

    training under lembeh trainer is a WASTE OF TIME
    Yeah man..true to a large extent. But i guess most recruits would want to escape the worse parts. But ive also heard many succes stories from sch2 too. I guess its all the same, depends on company?

    Hehe...thanks for all advices so far!

  17. #37

    Default

    enlistment??? when was that??? ORD (was ROD then) was like more then 10yrs for me liao. looong looong time ago. army now all good life anyway

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    oh, you should try to get back to sch 1 (whatever that is!) because you learn and experience the most under the best and most DEMANDING trainers. You'll feel sorry for yourself while you're there but at the end you will treasure the experience. Money cannot buy OK

    training under lembeh trainer is a WASTE OF TIME
    I'm prob what you could classify as a lembeh instructor. But I did give hell to my last batch before I ORDed, for some reason my fire came just when I was about to leave, was so nuah the batches before.

    Sch 2 which coy(company)? You have been leading in uniform groups before you are likely to go sispec or ocs, also have to depend on your leadership in camp as well. Leading other recruits not the same as leading in ncc, some people would be out to give trouble. Basic criteria is to pass IPPT, best you pass SOC as well. volunteer whenever you can and make it known to your instructors that you are interested.

    YOu will book out for that weekend. Dunno if the nite before or on the 9th itself, varies.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    I'm prob what you could classify as a lembeh instructor. But I did give hell to my last batch before I ORDed, for some reason my fire came just when I was about to leave, was so nuah the batches before.

    Sch 2 which coy(company)? You have been leading in uniform groups before you are likely to go sispec or ocs, also have to depend on your leadership in camp as well. Leading other recruits not the same as leading in ncc, some people would be out to give trouble. Basic criteria is to pass IPPT, best you pass SOC as well. volunteer whenever you can and make it known to your instructors that you are interested.

    YOu will book out for that weekend. Dunno if the nite before or on the 9th itself, varies.
    I see..thanks! hopefully i will be able to make it physically. Physical aspect is the part that worries me a little.

    Im not sure im with with company..my friend told me it may be jaguar? Hows that company? Personally, i have no inkling of which coy/company.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wryer
    Hee..at least you have went through it like a true man! Hehe..i worried about the no-count thingy also. I escaped PTP by doing 8 pullups last year during my Napfa, but as ya all know, in JCs, the PE teachers closed one eyes and allow jerking, kicking etc. Plus the lobo-ing after A levels, i can only do 2-3 proper ones.

    My legs tend to curl up a little when im already at the last few. so kinda worried the PTI will shout 'no count! back to zero!'

    Regards
    Dun worry abt the no count, if u take the exercises / training seriously and dun siam and cheat all the time naturally ur muscles will build up over BMT and doing 12 will not be a problem. Dun think too much it doesn't help in anyway. Just remember to have fun U'll find that time inside will fly by. And dun forget to foster new friendships with a whole lot of diff ppl.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •