Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 103

Thread: Where to buy a cheap tripod

  1. #41
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I use A350EX all the time, but feel that it's quite short for me. Anyways it's just a small trade-off for having such a small package.
    Looks like benro brand is quite popular here & so is the model A350EX

  2. #42

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    besides price, do factor in the weight of the tripod as well.

    if u get a tripod that is heavier then 1.5KG, i am sure it will collect dust in your home.
    I have the same theory as you.
    So far happy enough with the Slik sprint pro which I bring out quite often. The ball head is not that good though.


    Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    I stow it away after much frustration with the white tiger
    should have use a monopod
    It's now strictly for landscaping.
    What were you using?

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

    What were you using?
    Manfrotto 190xprob.
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Talking about tripod, I am looking for tripod cases/bags at 23" & 29" length. Slightly longer by 1" okay.
    Anyone knows which shops in SIN carry them?
    The Benro bag I bought from OP was a bit too short if I leave the tripod center extension tube intact.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    Manfrotto 190xprob.
    I mean the lens

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I mean the lens
    Sigma APO DG 70-200 2.8, no macro no hsm
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

  7. #47
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Loke View Post
    Talking about tripod, I am looking for tripod cases/bags at 23" & 29" length. Slightly longer by 1" okay.
    Anyone knows which shops in SIN carry them?
    The Benro bag I bought from OP was a bit too short if I leave the tripod center extension tube intact.
    I ever asked CP & they do sell slik tripod bag for $15.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    Sigma APO DG 70-200 2.8, no macro no hsm
    Ah!! I thought it was a big old 5kg+ manual focus monster.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    I ever asked CP & they do sell slik tripod bag for $15.
    Thanks.
    I called but they do not carry the size I wanted.
    Last edited by Ben Loke; 14th April 2010 at 02:19 PM.

  10. #50
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    Sigma APO DG 70-200 2.8, no macro no hsm
    Wah somehow this reminds me like ordering char kway teow with no chili and no see hum...

  11. #51
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Loke View Post
    Thanks.
    I called but they do not carry the size I wanted.
    Maybe u can try asking K-13? See they carry alot of tripods though the salesguy's attitude not so good.

  12. #52
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Wah somehow this reminds me like ordering char kway teow with no chili and no see hum...
    but actually i heard the original sigma 70-200 is the sharpest out of the lot. reminds me of original unhealthy char kway teow VS the healthy living vegetable oil char kway teow that's better on paper but is worse in reality

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Wah somehow this reminds me like ordering char kway teow with no chili and no see hum...
    ...at least my Sigma 180mm has chilli but no hum...

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Maybe u can try asking K-13? See they carry alot of tripods though the salesguy's attitude not so good.
    I try Benro at Peninsula first. If no luck, then...

  15. #55

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    I've been thinking - ballhead or 3-way panhead? Ballhead sounds quick to me, but somehow I think 3-way head more precise and easier to accurately set into the desired position. Still can't decide. And if get the 3-way head, I'm looking for one where there is only one handle to tighten/loosen and the head can move in all directions already. Any recommendations?

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    I've been thinking - ballhead or 3-way panhead? Ballhead sounds quick to me, but somehow I think 3-way head more precise and easier to accurately set into the desired position. Still can't decide. And if get the 3-way head, I'm looking for one where there is only one handle to tighten/loosen and the head can move in all directions already. Any recommendations?
    If your focusing screen has vertical & horizontal grids, having the ballhead is even easier to use.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Loke View Post
    Talking about tripod, I am looking for tripod cases/bags at 23" & 29" length. Slightly longer by 1" okay.
    Anyone knows which shops in SIN carry them?
    The Benro bag I bought from OP was a bit too short if I leave the tripod center extension tube intact.

    Ben,,,,I saw this at the bag at this website (from mass sell). If my maths did not fail me...it states the bag at 75cm about 29.5"


    http://www.artworkfoto.com/ball_head__accessories.html

  18. #58

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Loke View Post
    If your focusing screen has vertical & horizontal grids, having the ballhead is even easier to use.
    Nope. Using the original screen on the K-x

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Ben,,,,I saw this at the bag at this website (from mass sell). If my maths did not fail me...it states the bag at 75cm about 29.5"


    http://www.artworkfoto.com/ball_head__accessories.html
    Arhen, thanks.
    Will pay them a visit tomorrow.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Where to buy a cheap tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    One more lobang for you, carbon fibre with good ballhead for about $200+ a bit. Very worth it, better than Benro I think.

    http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challen...d_order=c-1530
    Interesting. But insufficient specs to tell which model to get. Any shop in Singapore selling? Or do you know anyone using?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •