Thread: Which B+W filter to get?

Default Which B+W filter to get?

Hi,

Currently, I have B+W Slim KSM CPL MRC filter and a hood EW-83J for my 17-55mm lens.

Am thinking to buy a permanent B+W normal filter to protect the lens. Saw there are three possible choices :

B+W XS-PRO 010 UV MRC
    B+W XS-PRO 010 CLEAR
    B+W UV-Haze 010 MRC F-PRO

My requirements is it has to be free from affecting the exposure of the lens when put on and it should have a front screw thread to stack my existing CPL lens when required. Lastly, can I still plug my lens hood on with the filters(single or both)?

Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which B+W filter to get?

Quote Originally Posted by DSLRCAMCRAZE View Post
    Hi,

Currently, I have B+W Slim KSM CPL MRC filter and a hood EW-83J for my 17-55mm lens.

Am thinking to buy a permanent B+W normal filter to protect the lens. Saw there are three possible choices :

B+W XS-PRO 010 UV MRC
    B+W XS-PRO 010 CLEAR
    B+W UV-Haze 010 MRC F-PRO

My requirements is it has to be free from affecting the exposure of the lens when put on and it should have a front screw thread to stack my existing CPL lens when required. Lastly, can I still plug my lens hood on with the filters(single or both)?

Appreciate your advise. Thanks.
    It is a very bad practice to stack CPL on top of a UV or protector filter. If you want to do it that way, you just defeated the purpose of getting top quality B+W filters.

And you can find all the info you are looking for at the B+W website. http://www.schneideroptics.com/filte..._search_bw.htm.

Go on, look it up. The website doesn't bite.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th April 2010 at 01:29 AM.