Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Any watch collector here?

  1. #1

    Default Any watch collector here?

    Is there a local online forum on watches?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Singapore mostly
    Posts
    305

    Default Watch forum

    Hi there,

    Don't think there is an online forum for Singapore's market.....

    You may wanna join those in the US, Europe or HK instead.....

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Try

    http://www.thepurists.com

    International site but many are local and many events are based here in Singapore.


    Quote Originally Posted by NikLeica
    Hi there,

    Don't think there is an online forum for Singapore's market.....

    You may wanna join those in the US, Europe or HK instead.....

  5. #5

    Default

    I am but not those high end stuff. I like 60's watches like Pagol, old seiko, poljot or even Cornavin. Like to play wif ah pek watch

  6. #6

    Default

    how many watches do u need to be considered a collector? lol

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikLeica
    Hi there,

    Don't think there is an online forum for Singapore's market.....

    You may wanna join those in the US, Europe or HK instead.....

    Do you know the site addresss for HK one?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    how many watches do u need to be considered a collector? lol
    Err...more than one? And if you buy to keep in mint condition without using it at all?

    For the record I have about 4 watches, no they are not expensive ones, mostly just buy coz on impulse. Interest is there but not really a serious collector.

    BTW to all watch fanatics out there wats ur dream watch?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Err...more than one? And if you buy to keep in mint condition without using it at all?

    For the record I have about 4 watches, no they are not expensive ones, mostly just buy coz on impulse. Interest is there but not really a serious collector.

    BTW to all watch fanatics out there wats ur dream watch?
    For now, i like the sub-mariner llimited edition with green bazel . Still dreaming about it...

  10. #10

    Default

    Hmm... have a Vacheron Constantin which was a wedding present from my dad.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Wah VC, that's good, must have cost a bomb. Mmm maybe next time I will do that to my son.

    BTW it is not ncessary to own a watch to be able to appreciate watches.

    To Dennis Lee, submariner green bazel is not a limited edition and can be seen at the watch shop at Funan (cannot remember the name). This watch was introduced during the last Basel fair.


    Quote Originally Posted by SzennyBoy
    Hmm... have a Vacheron Constantin which was a wedding present from my dad.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Err...more than one? And if you buy to keep in mint condition without using it at all?

    For the record I have about 4 watches, no they are not expensive ones, mostly just buy coz on impulse. Interest is there but not really a serious collector.

    BTW to all watch fanatics out there wats ur dream watch?
    ohh

    i wear the stella a lot. the other two on special occassions

    got the 2 tone rolex oyster ladies, and the cartier tank francaise in steel and the fendi stella


    all graduation presents. and I trying to kope a gorgeous omega from my mom.... but not working
    Last edited by evildolly; 29th March 2004 at 09:28 PM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Most of the time wearing my omega speedmaster. Dream watch? Hmmm....ok something within reach would be the Explorer II white dial.

  14. #14
    Member Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Wing, Dungeon #8
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennisLee
    For now, i like the sub-mariner llimited edition with green bazel . Still dreaming about it...
    Wah brudder .. you eyeing the 50th anniversary Rolex eh? Keekeekee ... how much you willing to pay for one?

    But on a serious note, my friend's in the second hand rolex trade, so let me know if you are keen.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    To Dennis Lee, submariner green bazel is not a limited edition and can be seen at the watch shop at Funan (cannot remember the name). This watch was introduced during the last Basel fair.

    Hi Dennis, it is not Limited Edition? Hmm...must have got it wrong, what i heard is it is difficult to come by in Japan, so i tot it is limited ed.

    By the way, i think the watch shop u r referring to is passions, they sell mainly 2nd hand watches. Try their web sites: http://www.passions.com.sg.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion

    BTW to all watch fanatics out there wats ur dream watch?
    I love the Frank Muller Conquistador Chrono!!! That day went into Sincere watch shop and asked for the price (cos i thought it was cheap). I nearly fainted....


    My dream watch.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    I love the Frank Muller Conquistador Chrono!!! That day went into Sincere watch shop and asked for the price (cos i thought it was cheap). I nearly fainted....


    My dream watch.
    An FP Journe Tourbillion or even the simple JLC Reverso 8 Days would be nice.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    ohh

    i wear the stella a lot. the other two on special occassions

    got the 2 tone rolex oyster ladies, and the cartier tank francaise in steel and the fendi stella


    all graduation presents.
    Wow. Thats a nice little collection u have there. Lucky you!!! :envy:


    and I trying to kope a gorgeous omega from my mom.... but not working
    Maybe try waiting until close to ur Bday (if its not yet over) and psycho her to give u as present?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Err...more than one? And if you buy to keep in mint condition without using it at all?

    For the record I have about 4 watches, no they are not expensive ones, mostly just buy coz on impulse. Interest is there but not really a serious collector.

    BTW to all watch fanatics out there wats ur dream watch?
    Patek Philippe, Omega

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Wah the FP Journe Tourbillon Souverain remontoir is a very nice watch but no $$$ leh.
    JLC is also nice. Very good value for money range. Have the whole modern alarm series and their reverso Duo Face. Very satisfied with their alarm except the recent Memovox Compressor which I find the alarm indicator not practical.


    Quote Originally Posted by shutterspeed
    An FP Journe Tourbillion or even the simple JLC Reverso 8 Days would be nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •