Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: newbie here!

  1. #61
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Hei, I got a special camera where I can press a button and turn the lens, the lens come out. Is my camera spoiled?
    Last edited by wootsk; 6th February 2011 at 01:06 AM.

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tamah Jurong
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: newbie here!

    welcome

  3. #63

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Hei, I got a special camera where I can press a button and turn the lens, the lens come out. Is my camera spoiled?
    Jialat! Another button to learn. Siao liao really need button outing for newbies. We need to learn all the buttons. On bo? Kei will organize for us, hor kei?
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  4. #64
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: newbie here!

    So, can someone tell me if my camera is spoiled?

  5. #65

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    So, can someone tell me if my camera is spoiled?
    Ya your camera is spoiled. Can throw away already but pls kindly let me know where you dump your camera

  6. #66

    Default Re: newbie here!

    HUH? i'm a newbie! we need a senior to help us!

  7. #67

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    HUH? i'm a newbie! we need a senior to help us!
    We need to have the Guides-Beginner, or the Senior-Newbie-Independent system for our Beginner Buttonchaser outings. Who on for this one?

    .
    .
    .


    [Beginner Buttonchasers] Newbies Outing (Part 1)

    DETAILS:
    DATE/TIME: TBA

    LOCATION: TBA

    THINGS TO BRING:
    1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.
    2) Buttons
    -----------------

    Things you may expect to do:
    1) Learn all the buttons on your camera (including which button to press on your camera to zoom zoom)


    The format will be some "slightly more experienced" photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.
    People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
    If you are fairly competent but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you not put your name down.

    My definiton of 'newbie':
    - Unfamiliar with any of the buttons on your camera (yes, that includes the on-off button)

    'Seniors': must be willing to guide the newbies
    1.
    2.
    3.


    'Newbies': require some guidance/assistance.
    1. The Moving Chair (Need to learn where is the shutter button)
    2. Kei1309 (You ask which button to on-off right. So this one sure got your name liao)
    3. wootsk (You ask which button to press on camera for zoom zoom)
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    === stops at 9 newbies ===

    Independent Buttonchasers: own-time-own-target but still have to interact with rest
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    ==== stops at 5 ====

    Reserves List: waiting patiently
    1.
    2.
    3.
    === stops at 3 reserves ===

    DON'T expand the reserve list beyond the set limit! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.

    And yea, please pm me you are joining, or i will take you off the list. Read the rules! Oh wait, there isn't any.

    Last edited by The Moving Chair; 7th February 2011 at 12:47 AM.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  8. #68

    Default Re: newbie here!

    no one yet? i'm sad need someone to teach us...

  9. #69

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    no one yet? i'm sad need someone to teach us...
    Ask ZCA lah, he notice our little outing (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...&postcount=851, 2011). I think he is senior enough to guide us leh. Cannot on-off the camera how to shoot? Siao liao! We need seniors to guide us newbies along. All line up one row, hold camera on tripod, and all 1-2-3 on the power button, 1-2-3 take photo!
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  10. #70

    Default Re: newbie here!

    oops. i think you got scolded in there. ok ok we better stop before we all get infarctions

  11. #71

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    oops. i think you got scolded in there. ok ok we better stop before we all get infarctions
    Its just all a good-natured fun and laugh. We weren't mocking anyone. ZCA is about a decade older than me, so I think he should be matured enough not to take it so seriously. Else, I'll have to joke only once in a year on a certain day in April.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  12. #72

    Default Re: newbie here!

    yea. but i think more newbies need to take up the seniors' outing.. it seems to me that most of them just want to learn on their own. need to encourage them more to join the outings

  13. #73

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    yea. but i think more newbies need to take up the seniors' outing.. it seems to me that most of them just want to learn on their own. need to encourage them more to join the outings
    We do have someone around here who always post a list of reference and encouraging them to join newbie outings, don't we?
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  14. #74

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Moving Chair View Post
    We do have someone around here who always post a list of reference and encouraging them to join newbie outings, don't we?
    hmm then maybe we should befriend them and encourage them to join. i think they're just shy

  15. #75

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    hmm then maybe we should befriend them and encourage them to join. i think they're just shy
    You go post a list of links then include one link to our outing lah.

    " you are encouraged to join our newbie outing, since u ask so many questions, u know how to on your camera anot, know which button to press to zoom zoom or not, know where the shutter button or not. Dunno right. Join our outing."

    Buttonchasers FTW.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  16. #76

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Moving Chair View Post
    You go post a list of links then include one link to our outing lah.

    " you are encouraged to join our newbie outing, since u ask so many questions, u know how to on your camera anot, know which button to press to zoom zoom or not, know where the shutter button or not. Dunno right. Join our outing."

    Buttonchasers FTW.
    waittt.. really? an outing based on buttons? seriously? i thought u were just joking man! haha i think the seniors here can teach more

  17. #77

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    waittt.. really? an outing based on buttons? seriously? i thought u were just joking man! haha i think the seniors here can teach more
    I thought ZCA was the only one who took me seriously, now you also take me seriously.
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  18. #78

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Moving Chair View Post
    I thought ZCA was the only one who took me seriously, now you also take me seriously.
    nah. haha. i know u're not serious about it. but yeah well would like to teach the newbies how to use their cameras. but don't have the time haha

  19. #79

    Default Re: newbie here!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    nah. haha. i know u're not serious about it. but yeah well would like to teach the newbies how to use their cameras. but don't have the time haha
    Seriously, got ppl dunno where the on-off button?
    I'm a PCW in newbie section. Hi. Welcome! :)

  20. #80
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: newbie here!

    I just learned that my camera uses a switch and not a button to switch on the camera. I have been looking for this press to on button that you all mentioned.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •