Thread: Rick Sammon's 24/7 Photo Buffet (iPhone app)

Default Rick Sammon's 24/7 Photo Buffet (iPhone app)

Has anyone tried it? Worth the money? US$4.99....

It's listed as a Staff Favourite on iTunes AppStore
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

Default Re: Rick Sammon's 24/7 Photo Buffet (iPhone app)

Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    Has anyone tried it? Worth the money? US$4.99....

It's listed as a Staff Favourite on iTunes AppStore
    My friend has this app and I mange to play with it ...

http://www.topiphoneresource.info/ph...ne-app-review/

Sorry, I need the above website for picture reference.... too lazy for me to copy and paste into here...

The first 3 "sections" ; Seeing, Making and Editing covers majority of the basic fundamental
    stuffs which are very good for the beginners. Fundamental theory like use of ISO, Aperture control to increase DOF, exposure control in difficult situation like snow scene, white balance control (how to make the picture warmer), picture composition ( add person in frame to make picture come alive ) and adobe photoshop stuffs to sharpen, adjust shadows and highlight, level adjusting, white balance adjusting, noise reduction and HDR etc.

"Tips" section covers some picture taking reference guide and tips for firework, lightning and sunsets/sunrises etc. Quite interesting to read.

I think this application is definitely good for beginners and for those who need it as a quick reference guide on the go to remind them the do and don't if they don't shoot oftenly. (many before and after photo comparison)

I always watch his video clips on Youtube; he is one of my favorite.

Default Re: Rick Sammon's 24/7 Photo Buffet (iPhone app)

Thanks, I think i'll get it anyway. Seriously, $5 really isn't much to be pondering over, if it teaches me anything, then it's value for money!
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/