Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Disappointed, are You?

Default Re: I am Disappointed, are You?

Quote Originally Posted by dykat2009 View Post
    Yes, disappointed with the act to whoever did it.

As macro shooters, you can shoot photos but please DO NOT destroy the nature living of these bugs and insects intentionally - especially the mother bug with its youngs.

James, you did the right thing to bring this to our attention.
    Thanks David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesteel View Post

It is very unfortunate that the sharing of location often leads to some mindless souls wanting their shots badly and doing things unethical.

I was very generous in sharing locations of rare butterflies publicly at one time. However, after a few bad experiences of unknown persons using these infor to vandalize the habitats, I had stopped doing so.

Bird and Butterfly photography communities are now very careful in reveling the exact location in public forum, and some even bar photos / location information on nestlings . Some have also adopted code of ethics for its members .

Code of conduct adopted might not be totally effective , but it does have its value in inculcating the right mindset of photographers.

For example:

ButterflyCircle code of conduct for its members

To encourage conservation and proper code of conduct in the field , perhaps for the macro photographic community here we can adopt some form of code of conduct.

Cheers
    Thank you, thanks for the suggestion too.

sad to hear this

Could be relocated by some relevent org? Lets hope for the best the little ones are safe.
    Cheers! _YuYu_

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu70 View Post
    Could be relocated by some relevent org? Lets hope for the best the little ones are safe.
    i don't think the baby will live when is off the tree other bugs and spider will have this baby for a meal. i don't blame the spider or bugs, i blame the the one who do this evil thing by cutting the leaf
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu70 View Post
    Have not heard of any organization or institution that are entrusted with relocating insects.

Whoever that cut the plant is violating The Parks and Tree Act:

Restricted activities in respect of trees, plants, etc., in national parks and nature reserves
    8. (1) No person shall, except with the approval of the Commissioner granted under section 12 and in accordance with the terms and conditions of such approval, carry out any of the following activities within any national park or nature reserve:
    (a) cut, collect or displace any tree or plant or any part thereof;

(b) affix, set up or erect any sign, shrine, altar, religious object, shelter, structure or building;
    (c) clear, break up, dig or cultivate any land;
    (d) use or occupy any building, vehicle, boat or other property of the Board; or
    (e) wilfully drop or deposit any dirt, sand, earth, gravel, clay, loam, manure, refuse, sawdust, shavings, stone, straw or any other matter or thing from outside the national park or nature reserve.
    (2) No person shall carry out any activity within any national park or nature reserve which he knows or ought reasonably to know causes or may cause alteration, damage or destruction to any property, tree or plant within the national park or nature reserve.
    (3) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine of $500 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction.
    (4) Subsections (1) and (2) shall not apply to
    (a) the Commissioner, an authorised officer or a park ranger acting in the performance of his duty under this Act;
    (b) any other officer or employee of the Board acting in the performance of his duty under this Act or any other written law; and
    (c) any police officer or workman assisting a person referred to in paragraph (a) or (b) to carry out his duty.
    Last edited by Bluesteel; 12th April 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries

please note that this is in the gallery section and thus should not be used for discussions
    thread moved to the kopitiam

Even if it involved proper conduct and the relevant laws in educating Macro shooters ?

So no talking or discussion in techniques too in the Gallery section I supposed?

Could you kindly refer to the relevant ClubSnap posting guidelines in this aspect?

Thanks and do what you deem necessary !

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bluesteel; 12th April 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesteel View Post
    Even if it involved proper conduct and the relevant laws in educating Macro shooters ?

So no talking or discussion in techniques too in the Gallery section I supposed?

Could you kindly refer to the relevant ClubSnap posting guidelines in this aspect?

Thanks and do what you deem necessary !

Thanks!
    A gallery is for posting of images it is common sense, do you need to have a posting guideline for that?

a discussion thread is for discussions
    the marketplace is for B&S of photographic items
    photoshoot threads are for photoshoots

simple logic

I'm disappointed but cursing and scolding whoever did this will not help. We need more education for the ignorance and to lead them to appreciate nature.

When shooting "babies" best is not to post till they had left the "nest"
    Control and be discrete with who you share location with.
    Less crowd less attention = less disturbance

Just my thought.

Ortega,

Thank you for the reply.

You are the law!

I take it that "" simple logic"" of yours means that there should be no discussion , even it is relevant to subject matters, except photos posting in the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to explain , and do enforce it !

Cheers!
    Last edited by Bluesteel; 12th April 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    A gallery is for posting of images it is common sense, do you need to have a posting guideline for that?

a discussion thread is for discussions
    the marketplace is for B&S of photographic items
    photoshoot threads are for photoshoots

simple logic

To be honest, I think there should be a bit of flexibility here. None of the sticky threads in the Macros and Close-ups Gallery are actual photo galleries, but they provide very useful information to those posting in the macro forum and thats why they're there. Similarly, this thread highlights a very important issue with regards to Macro/Closeup Photography in nature. I fear that moving it to the Kopitiam forum will stop the macro community from being better aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I'm disappointed but cursing and scolding whoever did this will not help. We need more education for the ignorance and to lead them to appreciate nature.

When shooting "babies" best is not to post till they had left the "nest"
    Control and be discrete with who you share location with.
    Less crowd less attention = less disturbance
    I agree that this will help, might wanna put it as a sticky in some guidelines thread. But am quite doubtful that this time, they were removed because of the posts. The park is not exactly a small place (27 hectares), and the location had not been publicly discussed before, it was only via PM with the regulars who meet up together anyway to shoot.

Nevertheless, this should be a lesson to learn for all macro shooters. Lets hope we don't have to witness anything like this again.
    Macro Photography in SG - http://sgmacro.blogspot.com | Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/sgmacro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12