Thread: Question about memory card adapters

Default Question about memory card adapters

Hi all,

I have a couple of 8GB SDHC cards which are brand new and unused (free from my previous purchase of a Canon G11). Recently I just bought an EOS 50D and currently have one 8GB CF card. I was thinking of buying a SD-to-CF card converter adapter so as to utilize my 2 spare SD cards instead of throwing out more money to buy a couple of spare memory cards for the dSLR.

My question now is, how different will the write speed be? The CF card I'm using with the 50D now is a Sandisk Ultra 8GB 30MB/s which came free with the purchase.

Appreciate if anyone can provide some useful information regarding my question. Also, where can I purchase such a converter in Singapore?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Question about memory card adapters

Quote Originally Posted by alcohollywood View Post
    Hi all,

I have a couple of 8GB SDHC cards which are brand new and unused (free from my previous purchase of a Canon G11). Recently I just bought an EOS 50D and currently have one 8GB CF card. I was thinking of buying a SD-to-CF card converter adapter so as to utilize my 2 spare SD cards instead of throwing out more money to buy a couple of spare memory cards for the dSLR.

My question now is, how different will the write speed be? The CF card I'm using with the 50D now is a Sandisk Ultra 8GB 30MB/s which came free with the purchase.

Appreciate if anyone can provide some useful information regarding my question. Also, where can I purchase such a converter in Singapore?

Thanks in advance.
    You can purchase the SD/SDHC to CF I/II memory card adapter from shops at Sim Lim Square or Sim Lim Tower.

The write speed will depends on the speed class rating of the SD/SDHC memory card whose maximum is approximately 30 MB/s IIRC.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 11th April 2010 at 12:57 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    You can purchase the SD/SDHC to CF I/II memory card adapter from shops at Sim Lim Square or Sim Lim Tower.

The write speed will depends on the speed class rating of the SD/SDHC memory card whose maximum is approximately 30 MB/s IIRC.
    Do you happen to know how much the converter will cost? Thanks for your help.

I've seen one in Active photo. I don't remember the exact price but it cost less than SGD50.

Quote Originally Posted by alcohollywood View Post
    Do you happen to know how much the converter will cost? Thanks for your help.
    Around S$30 to S$40 if I am not mistaken.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 11th April 2010 at 01:11 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

i hav 1 for sale, pm me

Quote Originally Posted by eugene260880 View Post
    i hav 1 for sale, pm me
    PM sent, few days ago.