Thread: Shutter count.

Default Shutter count.

How do you keep track of your camera's shutter count? i lost count of mine, and i probably took more than 100 pictures, without any way of verifying.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

Default Re: Shutter count.

there are many softwares that can check the actual shutter count of the camera.

http://************/y6zxup7

Quote Originally Posted by Pit01 View Post
    How do you keep track of your camera's shutter count? i lost count of mine, and i probably took more than 100 pictures, without any way of verifying.
    You need to tell us what manufacturer AND model of your camera. e.g. for Canon, there is a software you can use to check but the software only works on certain models (not all).

Alternatively, you can just visit http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx and try your luck.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    there are many softwares that can check the actual shutter count of the camera.

http://************/y6zxup7
    so cute....
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

google online, input your camera model,download the software,upload the latest photo and run the software on it. you'll see the exif data, one of them indicating Shutter Count.

hope it helps
    Last edited by papajanggo33; 11th April 2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    My Flickr

i thought u could tell by the filename saved in ur camera.. usually IMG**** or sth like that...

Quote Originally Posted by nysheng View Post
    i thought u could tell by the filename saved in ur camera.. usually IMG**** or sth like that...
    that refers to the sequential image number that you took. and it can be reset when you delete the images inside your camera or reformatting your sd card.
    My Flickr

once u changed memory card, that's it.

that is only good if you shoot less than 9999.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Download and use Photome to read the info:
    http://www.photome.de/

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    You need to tell us what manufacturer AND model of your camera. e.g. for Canon, there is a software you can use to check but the software only works on certain models (not all).

Alternatively, you can just visit http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx and try your luck.
    Currently I am using this.. I have only used it once. But I am like to use it only when i bring i want to bring it for servicing and when i bring it oversea. Or when the warranty is coming up soon.

The only time I think it will be useful to me is when I am preparing to sell the camera. This will give me a more accurate no. to let the buyer know.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    once u changed memory card, that's it.
    erm, there is a setting in my Nikon D90 that will allows the camera to continue the numbering sequence even after you change memory card, not too sure about other brands.

anyway, i am using kuso exif viewer to view my shutter count for my D90.

Actually, why bother? nobody bothered with film cameras, so why bother now?
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Because, it's good to know the shutter count when you are selling a digital camera or sending it for servicing. when i get my prosumer, i will also ask about camera servicing.

Brand name:sanyo. Model number: VPC-X1200EX.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

Because, it's good to know the shutter count when you are selling a digital camera or sending it for servicing. when i get my prosumer, i will also ask about camera servicing.

Brand name:sanyo. Model number: VPC-X1200EX.
    again, nobody asks when buying a film camera and it is the same issue. Only difference is that with the digital we can tell... so when your cam will hit 20'000 releases you are going to send it to the service center? or when it hits 30'000 or 40'000? I think we are getting obsessed here with the wrong things. If you are not a pro, doing photo shoots every day then your shutter will not give up on you before you decide to change your cam for a newer model. If you are a amateur and your shutter is dying on you in a year or two then you may want to consider if shooting in machine gun mode is really improving your skills or if you are just lucky fishing....
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr