Thread: Questions on printing photos.

Default Questions on printing photos.

Since the search function is down and I need to get this done asap, I started this thread. Please do not flame me if this has been asked before.

I am thinking of participating in the SYPA competition and one of their requirements is that 'The images must be printed by photographic lab process.'

What's photographic lab process? Can I just bring my jpg files to a shop and ask them to print for me? Or do I need to go to a specific place to print via the photographic lab process?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Questions on printing photos.

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    Since the search function is down and I need to get this done asap, I started this thread. Please do not flame me if this has been asked before.

I am thinking of participating in the SYPA competition and one of their requirements is that 'The images must be printed by photographic lab process.'

What's photographic lab process? Can I just bring my jpg files to a shop and ask them to print for me? Or do I need to go to a specific place to print via the photographic lab process?

Thanks in advance.
    Bring your jpeg file to a Kodak or Fuji lab to produce a print. That is called a photographic lab process. All Kodak or Fuji shops you find in the malls or around the HDB shops are actually known as a photographic lab unless you call it by any other names.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Bring your jpeg file to a Kodak or Fuji lab to produce a print. That is called a photographic lab process. All Kodak or Fuji shops you find in the malls or around the HDB shops are actually known as a photographic lab unless you call it by any other names.
    Oh, okay... Because those printing shops in the malls allow people to use their printers outside their shops... so I thought the photographic lab process was something more tedious... lol. thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post

Thanks in advance.
    you can bring your image file (jpg or tiff) to ny of the labs listed in the link below, or any digitalab convenient to you.

Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can bring your image file (jpg or tiff) to ny of the labs listed in the link below, or any digitalab convenient to you.

Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops
    Okay, thanks for the link.