Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grace Under Pressure

Default Re: Grace Under Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Her facial expression does gives the feel that she is under some kind of pressure..

maybe if the body is turned more to the camera, the feeling is stronger.

Maybe she is pressured into doing what she is doing..

but with her head turned to her side and the back facing the camera, it give a little bit of seductive feel and the mood a bit more detached from the title.
    >thank you very much for the critique bro, i will be having a model shoot next week, i will try to make it better!

Quote Originally Posted by heshanj View Post
    i think the title is a bit misleading, coz ur idea of 'under pressure' isnt wat everyone thinks of when they see the phrase.. its a good photo though, and it does convey the meaning ur writeup talks about.. but maybe the title has to be changed i like the composition - i like the photo as a whole, actually
    >hi bro, thank you for dropping by and for your opinion... how about "am waiting" as a title? cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    reminds me. make it a very closed eyes like she dun wanna see wad happens next kind of thing. reminded me of myself getting my first xray. was babbling like an idiot and i didnt even open eyes.

subtle movements like clenched fists, tightly shut eyes tells more than her touching her body. no offencee to model as i know this kind of shots not easy to do.
    >haha! i also did that when i had a mole removed from my face surgically, it was my first time, and i am soooo scared! will try to ask the model in my next shoot for these expressions and poses, thank you for your kind comments!

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I think the lips mislead us lol...the half-open mouth plus her touching her body makes her seem more seductive than undecided.

*waiting to get flamed for critiquing with my noob post count*
    >

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    actually I think the photo is quite well done, but the look and pose is certainly more seductive than anything else.
    The picture and the title are not in agreement.

>hi, thanks for dropping by! as i've replied above, does the title "am waiting" seem more apt for this shot? again, your critique is very much appreciated!
    Why so serious... Son?

'am waiting'? definitely applies more to this photo, in my opinion coz again - the photo is great. thinking of a title should be easy compared to it, imo yeah, i think 'am waiting' is better
    Check out my blog: pixelogist.me

i disagree with 'I'm waiting'...

Her pose (hands on her bra, back arched) is certainly very seductive. Her facial expression conveys a sense of shyness. Maybe that's where bro Wurdelak is trying to convey the 'pressure'. As in... she's a lingerie model, but she's new at this and not confident, yet she has to deliver. So... hmmmm... perhaps 'grace under pressure' does indeed work! hahahaha.
    Something along the lines of 'please be gentle with me' might be appropriate...? I dunno... just thinking and blabbering aloud.
    Exploring! :)

kinda hard to connect with the title... the softness and subject orientation doesn't seem to relate with the title actually. basically, the model has got to show the "under pressure" feel of it. other than that, your shot is actually quite nice. perhaps she could do something more with her lower body to depict a certain message too.
    Co-Founder
    Entree Media

Quote Originally Posted by heshanj View Post
    'am waiting'? definitely applies more to this photo, in my opinion coz again - the photo is great. thinking of a title should be easy compared to it, imo, yeah, i think 'am waiting' is better
    hi bro! i appreciate your opinion, and thank you for your kind comment bout the photo!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    i disagree with 'I'm waiting'...

Her pose (hands on her bra, back arched) is certainly very seductive. Her facial expression conveys a sense of shyness. Maybe that's where bro Wurdelak is trying to convey the 'pressure'. As in... she's a lingerie model, but she's new at this and not confident, yet she has to deliver. So... hmmmm... perhaps 'grace under pressure' does indeed work! hahahaha.
    Something along the lines of 'please be gentle with me' might be appropriate...? I dunno... just thinking and blabbering aloud.
    hi zerocool! maybe our thinking is the same, hence i thought of giving it the title, actually, the name of the model is Rebecca, but i thought since Grace is also a female name, it might click well for the title "Grace Under Pressure"... haha! thanks for dropping by!

Quote Originally Posted by iunspoken View Post
    kinda hard to connect with the title... the softness and subject orientation doesn't seem to relate with the title actually. basically, the model has got to show the "under pressure" feel of it. other than that, your shot is actually quite nice. perhaps she could do something more with her lower body to depict a certain message too.
    hello bro, thank you for the critique... it will help me a lot in my next model shoot!
    so, what do you think about "am waiting" as the title for this photo?
    Why so serious... Son?

Imho, removing the blur on the hair will make it a better shot. Hair looks weird blurred. haha

Good shot btw!

hmmm. maybe you should experiment with different postures with your model, cuz she doesn't look pressure. if anything, she looks poised and confident, esp sitting so straight. Try something more relaxed and natural, imagine how a girl's position would really be like if they feel under pressure. yup. just my 2cents worth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12