Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

  1. #121

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    hi, an update to all
    A bunch of us finally managed to lock down a time where we can all meet.

    10am Friday Quiznos Orchard Central 3rd Floor
    mattlock
    Clown
    wesley
    Agetan

    If you are interested in exploring this topic with us, please RSVP with me via PM with your phone number so we can update of any changes.
    Thank you!

  2. #122

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    can i go so i can kiss your feet and worship the ground u walk on?

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Wouldn't a pro-only group benefit more on regular/scheduled physical meetup since the island is small? Maybe have an internal newsletter distributed to members instead of putting it in a large webspace like CS?

    Just thinking-out-loud, it may be more productive utilizing meetups and very content-specific newsletters instead of using a catch-all forum. Interaction may be high in forums, but the value of content is usually less effective than meeting in person/group.

    My 2C.
    Last edited by theveed; 28th April 2010 at 05:00 PM.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    updated list:

    10am Friday Quiznos Orchard Central 3rd Floor
    mattlock
    Clown
    wesley
    Agetan
    Winson
    Edmund

    Kelvin koh sends his support and regards from perth.haha

    If you are interested in exploring this topic with us, please RSVP with me via PM with your phone number so we can update of any changes.
    Thank you!

  5. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Hi everyone. Winson passed u my name on my behalf. Im interested bt unable to make it tmr.

  6. #126

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Crap. Missed it as I was out of Singapore and too many assignments to handle for mth of April and May.

    Is there any consensus or general summary of what was discussed (and perhaps agreed on) during the meet? Would appreciate it.


    Regards
    Chan

  7. #127

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    Crap. Missed it as I was out of Singapore and too many assignments to handle for mth of April and May.

    Is there any consensus or general summary of what was discussed (and perhaps agreed on) during the meet? Would appreciate it.


    Regards
    Chan
    Yes was good to meet up and we discussed some issues quickly. Will update this later in the week once I consolidate some of the points...

  8. #128

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    Yes was good to meet up and we discussed some issues quickly. Will update this later in the week once I consolidate some of the points...
    Thanks, looking forward to your post.
    fully understand we are all busy people

  9. #129

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Hi guys
    an update..

    During our meeting we discussed different concerns regarding a forum.
    my main interest in raising this thread in the first place was a place where professionals can feel comfortable talking freely, and sharing information.

    I believe content is the most important thing rather than specifically a lot of activity (there's always kopitiam if you want a lot of activity)

    Clubsnap has been very kind to put forward an offer, in the meantime I would like to explore the idea of some of the professionals here penning an article each based on a topic that is of interest to them , and specifically relevant to the business of photography.

    I think it will be extremely meaningful to share experiences, so I look forward to putting this together. In a way this acts like a blog with comments, in a forum format.

    This will probably take abit of time due to heavy scheduling issues at the moment..but it will move forward.

    I will be getting in touch with the relevant people soon!

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station B1-48.
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Another update?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    Hi guys
    an update..

    During our meeting we discussed different concerns regarding a forum.
    my main interest in raising this thread in the first place was a place where professionals can feel comfortable talking freely, and sharing information.

    I believe content is the most important thing rather than specifically a lot of activity (there's always kopitiam if you want a lot of activity)

    Clubsnap has been very kind to put forward an offer, in the meantime I would like to explore the idea of some of the professionals here penning an article each based on a topic that is of interest to them , and specifically relevant to the business of photography.

    I think it will be extremely meaningful to share experiences, so I look forward to putting this together. In a way this acts like a blog with comments, in a forum format.

    This will probably take abit of time due to heavy scheduling issues at the moment..but it will move forward.

    I will be getting in touch with the relevant people soon!
    just1book, no kidding!

  11. #131

    Default Re: Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    Another update?
    discussions have already taken place and we'll be posting something towards the end of july.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •