We're back again with...
--- NEWBIES OUTING (PART 8) ---
Newbies outing started in April 2009 with the 1st outing at the Marina Barrage. Since then, some of the 'pioneer' attendees have become quite prolific photographers. So all in all, a pretty successful group
DATE/TIME: 21 April 2010 (wednesday), 1830hrs onwards
LOCATION: within walking distance to City Hall MRT. Exact location will be revealed in a PM approximately a week before the outing.
THINGS TO BRING:
1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.
2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down.
Things you may expect to shoot:
1) Long exposures of reflections on water.
2) Long exposures of moving traffic (car trails).
3) Prominent buildings in Singapore.
The format will be some "slightly more experienced" photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.
We will have about 6 'seniors' guiding 12 newbies, making a total of 18 people.
People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
If you are fairly competent but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you not put your name down.
My definiton of 'newbie':
- started photography within the past couple of years.
- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).
After shooting for about an hour +, we will break for dinner, where we will offer a chance for critique of selected shots. This will give people a chance for some immediate feedback into possible 'faults'.
* special guest star) frans84
3) mrs scubagolfer
8) David (coolthought's friend)
5) randy (friend of kokster)
Please only put your name down if you are quite sure you can make it.
Try not to put your name down then cancel. It makes life difficult for me. I like my life to be easy
Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. If you've not attended any outing before, please send me a PM with your mobile number.
DON'T expand the reserve list beyond 6 people! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.
UPDATED 10 April 0825 hrs