Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

  1. #21
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    - If you shoot with the GF1 with the 14-45 lens no stop for 2 hours, I can tell you it will be much more tiring that shooting with a DSLR like D5000 for 2 hours non-stop. Handles differently.
    Agree. That's why "old school" m4/3 users like me and a couple of others, still prefer the G1 to the GF1. Sacrifice portability but the grip is much better.

    This coming from a guy who have used a G1, GF1 and D5000.

  2. #22
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    yeah... totally agree!

    I would take either G1 or LX3 anyday over the GF1.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Probably check with yourself how much you wanna spend on the camera?

    The price for the EPL-1 two kit lens will cost about $1210 (On the cheaper side). And the image quality for the PEN series is quite good. Speed wise will lose out to DSLR. Also the grip for EPL-1 is quite good, personal onion compared to EP1 or EP2.

    Some of the image taken by the PEN series posted by some of the users here.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617753

    Some of the Panasonic m4/3 images
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590304

    Review of the EPL-1 by users
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672876
    I took a look at the EPL-1 yesterday as well. Looks nifty. And it is cheaper. One thing good is you can hold down part of the pop up flash, and bounce the flash!

  4. #24
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I took a look at the EPL-1 yesterday as well. Looks nifty. And it is cheaper. One thing good is you can hold down part of the pop up flash, and bounce the flash!
    but guide number only 7... how to bounce? Unless the ceiling is pretty low
    Exploring! :)

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    but guide number only 7... how to bounce? Unless the ceiling is pretty low
    Can bounce, in HDB flat.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    There are APS-C sensors superior to M4/3 with the same small form factor.

    Look at Ricoh GXR + A12 Module (APS-C size sensor, roughly same form factor as GF1).http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636515

    Look at Samsung NX10 (APS-C size sensor, roughly same form factor as GF1).

    For small sensor compacts that are prosumer, apart from G11, S90, LX3, there is also Ricoh GRD3. GRD3 is more expensive than either of the 3 coz GRD3 is for a niche enthusiast market, but if you are serious photographer u will enjoy GRD3 flexibility in the pogramming. GRD3 thread here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614819
    Last edited by artspraken; 10th April 2010 at 02:41 PM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    There are APS-C sensors superior to M4/3 with the same small form factor.

    Look at Ricoh GXR + A12 Module (APS-C size sensor, roughly same form factor as GF1).http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636515

    Look at Samsung NX10 (APS-C size sensor, roughly same form factor as GF1).

    For small sensor compacts that are prosumer, apart from G11, S90, LX3, there is also Ricoh GRD3. GRD3 is more expensive than either of the 3 coz GRD3 is for a niche enthusiast market, but if you are serious photographer u will enjoy GRD3 flexibility in the pogramming. GRD3 thread here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614819
    yea, i was looking out for NX10 but the review at DPreview was less than favorable at the moment.. so was scratching it off..

    Hmzz.. saw the photos of GXR.. it is stunning.. but the major concern was the focusing?

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Prosumer or micro 4/3 for a beginner?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeana View Post
    yea, i was looking out for NX10 but the review at DPreview was less than favorable at the moment.. so was scratching it off..

    Hmzz.. saw the photos of GXR.. it is stunning.. but the major concern was the focusing?
    Actually, that was no secret. The test pictures from NX10 leaked out a few months back and most of us already know the high ISO performance is bad due to over aggressive noise reduction. That is why no one really cares too much about the NX10 launch. But the the Sony one, everyone is talking about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •