Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why post blurry and out of focus images?

hey hey, just realised I have exceeded the 1000th mark in my posting...

post post didn't notice... have always wanted to post something eventful on my 1000th post. But now.... sigh...

think today I post abit too much liao... time to sleep... will post tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by jasphotography
    hey hey, just realised I have exceeded the 1000th mark in my posting...

post post didn't notice... have always wanted to post something eventful on my 1000th post. But now.... sigh...

think today I post abit too much liao... time to sleep... will post tomorrow...
    wait for 10000th post lor...

if the only comments u get for ur pix are "wow, so sharp", then u r in deep shi$.

Quote Originally Posted by jasphotography
    Maybe I have to requote what I said before and again:

I hope you guys take a step back and try not to generalise too much of my thread. Yes, I do agree besides sharpness, other factors like composition, exposure and moment are important too. I have also seen blurred (or slightly out of focus) photos taken by Nat Geo or photos of Sept 11, for example, when focus is no longer as important. The moment is... I truely understand that and I totally agreed what you guys have said.

Ok, now... let me bring you back to context of this thread...

Situation: Blur wasn't deliberate, no special moment is involved, pro or amatuer is not a factor, thread starters are here to ask for critiques and not just sharing photos.

Photo Concerned: A blurred picture of "everyday achievable" subjects like our very own parliament house, esplanade, city skylines etc.

Threads like these often get neglected/ignored or without proper advice given and I have always wanted to help (members I have helped before would probably agree more ) but I must admit this is no individual effort.

hi jas

i think the answer is simple - your question why people post blur blah blah photos when it might unintentional -

they think it's nice
    they're looking for suggestions to improve - that sadly a lot of people don't bother giving proper ones
    there might be something they're trying to bring across - but it might not be working.

dear whoever,
    i do have a photo titled "spinning world"... .... .... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... .

Isn't the answer obvious? Make a comment and the original poster or others at large may feel offended. Don't make comments and you will see a continuation of awful snapshots posted up here. Just to share my experience. Saw someone's rather poor attempt at low light photography, made some comments. Moderator responded by asking me for my "better" attempts i.e. if you can comment, show us that you can do better. What was the original fault of the poster's shots? Snapshots of people from across the road, all taken at night and without flash, without tripod and without long exposure periods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123