Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miss Singapore Universe

okay lah..

singapore girls are not groomed to be beauty queens

not like all the other countries where girls are specifically groomed from young to take part in beauty paegants...

actually I only got 2 questions after reading thru the amusing 6 pages of posting -

who set the standards of beauty -

Cultural values and perceptions? Modernism? Popular Culture? Fashion trends? YOU?

if it's you, then my 2nd question would be what governs your perception of beauty?

just too diverse of a topic on what defines beauty but the old saying is still true - "BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER"

Cheerz all!

Default What's the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    actually I only got 2 questions after reading thru the amusing 6 pages of posting -

who set the standards of beauty -

Cultural values and perceptions? Modernism? Popular Culture? Fashion trends? YOU?

if it's you, then my 2nd question would be what governs your perception of beauty?

just too diverse of a topic on what defines beauty but the old saying is still true - "BEAUTY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER"

Cheerz all!

Since we're talking about Miss Universe here, the standards perhaps are the expectations from the majority of the population in the world in terms of what they wanna see and hear from a 'beauty' preconceived in their mindset.

And our current league of "beauties" are nowhere near the line of eligibility.

There's only one way of presenting what it means; by relative comparison.

Take the semi-finals entrants from the Miss Universe International are measure them against our Miss Singapore and see where in the World she is.

Year in, year out, it's pure angst and hopelessness.

At least Singapore lost by a margin of 1 goal to Japan...

and u think men in Singapore are that much greater?
    get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    and u think men in Singapore are that much greater?
    get real.
    If some of them put on a tight skirt, blond wig and wear lipstick and high-heel shoes, they are "greater" I think.

This is as real as real can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    If some of them put on a tight skirt, blond wig and wear lipstick and high-heel shoes, they are "greater" I think.

This is as real as real can get.
    I find a thread bashing singapore women dissapointing. those wonderful creatures. withouth them , we r just camels. so really, get real.

I find a thread bashing singapore women dissapointing. those wonderful creatures. withouth them , we r just camels. so really, get real.
    Alamak brother. Buy yourself the book "Sisters" and see for yourself lah.

But like you I don't subscribe to the elite who brand people as "ugly". I think every girl is beautiful in her own way.

SIA ads "Singapore Girls" has convinced the world that Singapore girls are beautiful. That's a fact.

From a fellow camel.

Alamak brother. Buy yourself the book "Sisters" and see for yourself lah.

But like you I don't subscribe to the elite who brand people as "ugly". I think every girl is beautiful in her own way.

SIA ads "Singapore Girls" has convinced the world that Singapore girls are beautiful. That's a fact.

From a fellow camel.
    and beauty pagents..if i may say, are for people who dun feel confident about themselves in real life, that they need to compete to prove to the world.
    this whole idea of beauty pagent is propagandistic bullshi$.
    Last edited by Cash; 4th April 2004 at 12:43 PM.

and beauty pagents..if i may say, are for people who dun feel confident about themselves in real life, that they need to compete to prove to the world.
    this whole idea of beauty pagent is propagandistic bullshi$.
    You're a bit off the mark lah brother.

Miss Universe is a springboard to fame and fortune and a millionaire husband and perhaps a role in Hollywood.

We might do the same if we're not camels.

You're a bit off the mark lah brother.

Miss Universe is a springboard to fame and fortune and a millionaire husband and perhaps a role in Hollywood.

We might do the same if we're not camels.
    i concede.

Let me dismiss the "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

The following quote are actually the very words that I stroke out sometime ago from a feature article by one of my journalist.

Here it goes,

"The 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder' talk is actually meant as a consolation to those who don't have it.'"

Welcome to the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes
    Let me dismiss the "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

The following quote are actually the very words that I stroke out sometime ago from a feature article by one of my journalist.

Here it goes,

"The 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder' talk is actually meant as a consolation to those who don't have it.'"

Welcome to the new world order.
    hmm...Beauty lies in the eye of beholder, but if the collective views of most beholders think someone is not pretty, then she must really not be pretty, except when the few beholders who may be someone close to her who may think otherwise.

actually, i find some plain looking girls much more attractive than mainstream pretty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    actually, i find some plain looking girls much more attractive than mainstream pretty ones.
    yes.yes. very true ...

Singapore have very good looking girls but this year those good looking girls didn't enter the Miss Singapore contest *sad*

Better QC next time lor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456