Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Miss Singapore Universe

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    Have been doing that for a long time, every other hour. Can't live without it.

How are you??
    So that you can say, "I'm handsome!!!" lol

I am fine, Handsome!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the way guys diss girls' looks like the way some of them here in this thread have done so. But I have never seen the same done for a guy. Its terribly unfair - maybe those guys should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror too

Actually you know the answers to these questions. Yes, guys do 'diss' girls based on looks but in the very same way, we 'girls' diss guy back based on cash -on-hand too. It's does sound fair though.

The point is, we have too many disillusioned people, too many wannabes, too many sub-standard and incredible judges.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes
    Actually you know the answers to these questions. Yes, guys do 'diss' girls based on looks but in the very same way, we 'girls' diss guy back based on cash -on-hand too. It's does sound fair though.

The point is, we have too many disillusioned people, too many wannabes, too many sub-standard and incredible judges.
    Ha! Not all girls do that. :P

Can someone tell me which of this year's contestant will last through the semi-finals?

Someone in this thread once mentioned about the top-american model having the more well endowed models being eliminated first. Well, that is modelling. We need different physique for different wears. Anyway, it's a model competition, and beauty is only a minor part of the reuirement.

But in beauty peagents, you need to be smart, mature (mentally) and do well in physique.

If the intent of peagents are meant to showcase some typical Singaporean girls, they should join the FHM Heartlanders competition that is held annually. Miss Universe is a different league altogether as the requirements and standards are much higher.

IMO all the contestants are out of Miss Universe league altogether. The judes should be impartial in deciding the grades. Not what he likes, nor what our local hot bod men wants but what the World wants.

It's time to wake-up the dreamers- welcome back to earth.

I think Singaporeans in general deserves better.

Ha! Not all girls do that. :P
    So does not all guys.

It really boils down to whether one has such standards to demand such requisits.

It's the brainlessness and fakeness that I'm so pis**d about Miss Universe Singapore.

It's the brainlessness and fakeness that I'm so pis**d about Miss Universe Singapore.
    Aren't most beauty contests more or less like that? Just that some can disguise it better :P

Aren't most beauty contests more or less like that? Just that some can disguise it better :P
    If that is true, I think contestants from outside East Asia did a professional fake job- because we can't see the fakeness.

Whereas locally, even the Eskimos know we're faking it.

If that is true, I think contestants from outside East Asia did a professional fake job- because we can't see the fakeness.

Well beauty contests are just contests. Contestants outside East Asia may appear more sophisticated due to upbringing, exposure etc There are a million & one factors affecting the final outcome of the show.

If you have watched Ms Congeniality, if the beauty paegent there is an accurate reflection of beauty contests in the States, then there is nothing great about it either ....

I am not making any excuses for the lower standard of beauty contests here - I feel its not as good simply because the importance & emphasis accorded to them are just not as much.

Eg a gal wins Ms Hong Kong & there is a chance for her to get a TV or Movie contract & even getting international exposure. Here, a gal wins & thats abt it really .... nothing fantastic. If the incentives are greater, perhaps everyone will put in more effort, no?

how wld eskimos know we r faking it when they don't have beauty pageants... (coz they'd probably freeze in swimsuits)

If the intent of peagents are meant to showcase some typical Singaporean girls, they should join the FHM Heartlanders competition
    Then u'll jez get Brown SPGs like that Rachel lass. I think the typical Singapore Girl is just out there on the streets. We don't need a pageant or any form of contest to find them.

Sigh! Wat's the point of complaining about fakeness here? Is it going to solve the problem? If anyone has any bright ideas on how we can get a beauty contestant here to win the crown, then write in to DSP & Mediacorp. If your suggestion makes any sense, I'm sure they will implement it.

Its like ppl who whine abt how the govt sucks but when it comes to feedback sessions, they are no where to be found. If you have suggestions that make sense, channel it to the correct source. One good suggestion to DSP or Mediacorp is a lot more helpful than 20 pages of whines & moans at a forum.

Default Miss Singapore...

Well i think that does pretty ones with the right quality doesn go for such contest...

Quote Originally Posted by Larren Chen
    Well i think that does pretty ones with the right quality doesn go for such contest...
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by wheek
    Sigh! Wat's the point of complaining about fakeness here? Is it going to solve the problem? If anyone has any bright ideas on how we can get a beauty contestant here to win the crown, then write in to DSP & Mediacorp. If your suggestion makes any sense, I'm sure they will implement it.

Its like ppl who whine abt how the govt sucks but when it comes to feedback sessions, they are no where to be found. If you have suggestions that make sense, channel it to the correct source. One good suggestion to DSP or Mediacorp is a lot more helpful than 20 pages of whines & moans at a forum.
    You simply got no idea of media politics.

You simply got no idea of media politics.
    Oh & I am so sure some DSP or Mediacorp bigshot or better still, some minister will visit this humble little forum, see all the whining & then do something about it. Or maybe some NMP will chance upon this thread while searching for photog tips, then he will raise the matter in parliament.

Its like ppl moaning abt NS & giving a thousand & one suggestions at private forums (not even M.I.W forum). For what? Got smart idea about NS, email it to Mindef Feedback Unit. Same applies here.

If you've got a bright suggestion, bring it up to the correct person. Why waste time playing your little game of media politics & moaning abt it on a small forum & hoping ppl will see it? Just go direct to the source & tell him. If your idea is really that wonderful, I'm sure he will implement it right away. If not he'll probably tell you to fubar off, but at least you get it out one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wheek
    Oh & I am so sure some DSP or Mediacorp bigshot or better still, some minister will visit this humble little forum, see all the whining & then do something about it. Or maybe some NMP will chance upon this thread while searching for photog tips, then he will raise the matter in parliament.

Its like ppl moaning abt NS & giving a thousand & one suggestions at private forums (not even M.I.W forum). For what? Got smart idea about NS, email it to Mindef Feedback Unit. Same applies here.

If you've got a bright suggestion, bring it up to the correct person. Why waste time playing your little game of media politics & moaning abt it on a small forum & hoping ppl will see it? Just go direct to the source & tell him. If your idea is really that wonderful, I'm sure he will implement it right away. If not he'll probably tell you to fubar off, but at least you get it out one shot.
    What makes you think I didn't or no one has tried? Have you actually read carefully between the lines of my first few post?

What makes you think I didn't or no one has tried? Have you actually read carefully between the lines of my first few post?
    Well after reading your first 5 posts, I don't see anything remotely close about you or others feedbacking to Mediacorp or DSP. So either I'm blind or you remembered wrongly.

Anyway, the point is still the same. What's the use of moaning here? No one is gonna give two hoots about what you write on a forum. And I still stand by my point that beauty is subjective & if anyone is dumb enough to actually think that all S'porean women are as "ugly" as our beauty contestants, then the person must be real dumb.

I have never been one to generalise & thus I've never agreed that all our beauty contestants suck. Sure, some are really quite horrid in my opinion, but that doesn't mean all of them are.

But I guess its human nature to moan & whine. Look at the recent soccer match between S'pore & Japan. Frankly, losing 2-1 to one of the best teams in Asia is nothing to be ashamed off. But still u have some whiners out there.
    Last edited by Bluestrike; 4th April 2004 at 10:01 AM.

wah.. i really see the girls for sg universe... i can darely say that even my sister is beatiful den those girls.

p.s : dont pm me for my sister contacts.
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

anyway the finals will be shown on tv tonite. bood/bad/ugly/pretty..the show will go on =)

Hey, anyone read the report on the sunday times on the Miss Universe.

I rather find the line amusing... "...we can't always hold the standard so high as like last year..."

The irony that bemused me was was there ever even any standards for last year at the first place?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast