Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Miss Singapore Universe

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    eh!? I said something wrong? paiseh paiseh whatever it was that I said
    just joking lah......so you finally gave up on the "Chain....." thread?

zaren seems to gave up liao.....

so this is a new one we are going to explode in right?

how come both of you always come around the same time? both of you buddies hah?

aiya zaren, no use one lah......sure got someone will disagree with you. As for me I am totally neutral about it. So dun get me involve.......

zaren, well said, but “what about those darn pics?” (heh, five words exactly.)

I think zaren said more than 5 words in there.......hehe

5 words is not enough
    to express what i feel
    the beauty world is tough
    but s'pore women have appeal!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    5 words is not enough
    to express what i feel
    COOOOOL man! that's the way!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    5 words is not enough
    to express what i feel
    It's hard to stare long
    When participants look so wrong,
    It's time to hold campaigns
    So pretty contestants can reign.

These contests are just advertisements
    To flaunt our local endowment,
    But these false (misleading) images,
    Do not represent Singaporean faces.

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    oh... that must explain why
    indian women resemble aishwarya rai!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

The chain story ... continue here ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Just to point you in the right direction.

"It's not about lying to them. It's an encouragement for them to be a better person."

Unless "No one" refers to just you, then hey, I guess you didn't say anything of that sort.

My defination of ugly? It is the exact opposite of attractive. Simply. Will you tell me there are no such people in the world? You said "Or is she supposed to stick with "I'm ugly" her whole life?" Just what exactly is so wrong with being ugly that she has to "stick with it"? Is it a disease that she must pull through? Ugly people should not be stigmatised, but some of you are doing more damage to the "sides" you are taking.

"I think you are ugly Pinkishy." Now THAT would be taken as an insult. Why?
    Wheares if i were to say:"Hey Pinkishy, you look hot" that would be taken as praise. And please don't give me the "it doesn't matter cuz they are beautiful inside" ying-yen/zen thingy. I just don't understand why UGLY is associated thus.
    Lets say you think someone is ugly, i hope that person is not gonna spend the rest of her life fretting that she's ugly. Heard about the ugly duckling that turned into a swan?

This one ..i give up. You're just simply not seeing my point, and i, not seeing yours, so i shall leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    It's hard to stare long
    When participants look so wrong,
    It's time to hold campaigns
    So pretty contestants can reign.

These contests are just advertisements
    To flaunt our local endowment,

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    The chain story ... continue here ??
    Hehe.....i cannot believe it!

Not just the chain continues

but the "hehe....." also here

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkishy
    Lets say you think someone is ugly, i hope that person is not gonna spend the rest of her life fretting that she's ugly. Heard about the ugly duckling that turned into a swan?

This one ..i give up. You're just simply not seeing my point, and i, not seeing yours, so i shall leave it at that.
    Aiya, nevermind lah. Everyone has a different look and point of view. Just take it as it is. It's really no use arguing about it. Human mind is one of he most complicated thing in the world. It can help or destroy.

Kills a few more brain cells! So be happy lah!

All govt school students are lousy. All EM3 students are condemned cases. For all ITE students Its The End. All beauty contestants are bimbos. All beauty contestants think too highly of their beauty. All taxi drivers are reckless drivers. Blah blah blah.

Does that sound familiar to you? Its something called generalisation. Painting everything with one brush. And its not only unfair to those involved but doesn't speak much for the person's mentality either.

Saying someone is ugly, quite frankly violates the most common beauty statement "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I know some ppl who think Patricia Mok is hot. I know, most of u are probably rolling your eyes right now. U think she looks like crap. Well I have news for you, some ppl beg to differ.

Just like your girlfriend/boyfriend may think you are damn handsome/pretty, but others might think to themselves "God, which dustbin did this guy/gal get dug out from?". Its all a matter of tastes. For every local beauty contestant whom u say is ugly, I'm sure there is at least one other person who disagrees. Its a matter of preference.

I think Fann Wong is hot. My cousin disgrees. He prefers Belinda Lee. Need I give more examples? Preference people, preference. Right now you ppl are saying that these ladies are ugly based on YOUR preference. But YOUR preference isn't everything. And when these ladies go overseas & come back trophyless, its because they are not of the judge's preference. But it does NOT mean they are not pretty, simply that tastes differ.

Need another e.g? Go watch "Are You Hot". I couldn't believe it when that fitness babe was voted NOT, while that fat black chick was voted HOT. But what can I say. People have different tastes.

Actually its actually quite simple. If you don't like the quality of our local beauty contestants, then don't look at them. No one's pointing a gun at your noggin & forcing u to look at their pics in the newspapers or watch them on TV. Go do something else. Simple as that. Or better still, go find one "beauty" from the street, become her manager, enrol her in next year's contest & we'll see how far your "beauty" goes.

And besides, going on about how our local beauty contestants are "ugly" simply doesn't help much. Are these comments going to make prettier girls appear? I think not. So what's the point of unconstructive criticism? If you have some constructive comments that make sense, mail it to DSP & Mediacorp. At least that MAY help. Sitting here & moaning "they are ugly" is just a waste of time. Period.

Deregistered

say, is there any URL/website for the abovementioned event? heard that a friend of mine is in it, but i'm non the wiser

What's the whole point of being part of a competition when you're fully certain you can't win?
    if your logic holds, then why Singapore participate in World Cup Asian Qualifying round ? Why Wolve wants to play EPL ? Why Singapore send their team for Olymics ??

Have u sent in any photos for competition ? Did u win at least any consolidation prize ? if not, why for u send in for competition when u are cetain that u walk away with a price ??

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    say, is there any URL/website for the abovementioned event? heard that a friend of mine is in it, but i'm non the wiser
    http://ch5.mediacorptv.com/wassup/ho...ew/343/1/.html

check their forum what they say about it ..
    Last edited by KNIGHT ONG; 29th March 2004 at 03:25 PM.
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Guys,

Don't you think we spend too much time worry about Miss Universe? Very few of us men and boys would want to compete in it.

Why don't we worry about Mr.Universe? Anyone starts pumping iron yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Guys,

Don't you think we spend too much time worry about Miss Universe? Very few of us men and boys would want to compete in it.

Why don't we worry about Mr.Universe? Anyone starts pumping iron yet?
    dunno leh..but it seems that in general, even if guys dont pump iron or are not fit n athletic, they still can come across as acceptably decent dudes.
    but once if a gal is those "doesnt look nice" type => its hard to 4 her 2b even a plain jane.

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    dunno leh..but it seems that in general, even if guys dont pump iron or are not fit n athletic, they still can come across as acceptably decent dudes.
    but once if a gal is those "doesnt look nice" type => its hard to 4 her 2b even a plain jane.
    My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the way guys diss girls' looks like the way some of them here in this thread have done so. But I have never seen the same done for a guy. Its terribly unfair - maybe those guys should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror too

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    maybe those guys should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror too

Have been doing that for a long time, every other hour. Can't live without it.

How are you??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast