Thread: Patong, Phuket Thailand

Default Patong, Phuket Thailand

Hi all, Im planning to go here on Apr 11th. Going there for 5D 4N.
    Planning to go for snorkelling in phi phi island. How much roughly to snorkel there?

How much is the bungee jump? Parasailing? Jetski? Spa? any ideas?
    Please help out..

Its my 1st time goint there. And i wana make sure i bring enough money to enjoy.
    Please advise.. thanks
    A mad, keen photographer needs to get out into the world and work and make mistakes.

Default Re: Patong, Phuket Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by RayTravis View Post
    Hi all, Im planning to go here on Apr 11th. Going there for 5D 4N.
    Planning to go for snorkelling in phi phi island. How much roughly to snorkel there?

How much is the bungee jump? Parasailing? Jetski? Spa? any ideas?
    Please help out..

Its my 1st time goint there. And i wana make sure i bring enough money to enjoy.
    Please advise.. thanks
    Still not late to reply.
    I'm not sure the price, though. But you can always draw money using your ATM card (card with the plus sign) in the ATM there. A lot atm there. But will be charged SGD5 per transaction. So only draw when you need.

For phi phi trip, should be include in a day trip package, so you can roughly estimate a day trip to be as low as 900 baht to 2000 baht.

For bungee, i guess you can google online. Should have their website.

The thing about jet-skis that it would be good to check for minor damages to the body before you set off, it is not unheard of for the operators to "discover new damages" when you return the jet-ski, accuse you of causing it and charging you extra.

Thanks guys..
    =) thanks alot!
    A mad, keen photographer needs to get out into the world and work and make mistakes.

Maybe just a few last suggestions, based on past experiences, hope it helps those going there in future.

1) It is cheaper to change money when you reach Phuket itself, rather than changing money in Singapore.

2) There are metered taxis at the airport (come out of entrance, turn right), they charge a fraction of those limo drivers who wait immediately outside the entrance.

Jetski is rather ex depending on which jetski u choose. If I remember correctly, should be around s$50-$80 for half an hour only. I would suggest you rent a cheap 4x4 to drive there. Dun worry about getting lost as it's really simple to drive around. I drive around everytime I go. Rental for small 4x4 should be around s$45-$75 per day. You can check out online and book thru online. They will pick u up from the airport!! Have fun!! I'm going there on the 16th to shoot shoot, eat eat and nua-ing.. Cheers