Quote Originally Posted by kst
    Hi Wolfgang,

Just wondering why you removed the thread regarding housekeeping
    saying it's unrelated to photography and this thread is also nothing
    to do with photography and not removed.

Please help me understand.

THANKS !
    I'll be glad to explain.

Banal talk, or at least, topics in Kopi-Tiam are generally left alone (so long it isn't an invitation to treat or a business/financial proposition).

For any topic that involves the selling of, or extending a service/offer of anything else that isn't related to photography is dis-allowed. You can find this clause in the updated terms of use.

I hope you have a clearer picture now?

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Insurance companies will NOT pay if the cause of death is suicide and the policy is less than 1 year old. Anyway, you kinda of sick to me, to be able to pull such a joke.
    i am not joking abt the payout or anything like that. Pls dun get the wrong idea!
    Pls refer to my earlier post for clearification.

It wouldn't be so bad if she just wanted to kill herself (because it would be her making the decision for herself). Not giving the kids (or husband) a choice in the matter is something I think is pretty selfish and very unfair of her though.

Quote Originally Posted by naviseal
    hello Wolfgang, i think u misunderstood what i am trying to said. The full meaning of buying insurance is something like this "prevention is better than cure". For example, if i already had brought an insurance today,and if something bad happen to me anytime from now, be it cancer or kanan accident and die, at least those around me like my old parent and family will now suffer so much, in terms finance pt of view.

Do u think i am happy to see heard this news especially in our homeland? I also have a 20 mtn old son at home as well, almost the same age as teh victim. Therefore i can fully understand how a parent like me feel when they lost someone so close to them. Hope this is clear to u as i am not joking on this matter.
    yeah Wolfie.. i thnk naviseal didnt mean it in that context.. bygones ok!

what i interpreted he meant is that with enough insurance coverage, the person falling sick would not have had to worry, to certain extent, that he/she would be a burden financially to the family.. even if she needs to undergo treatment and the hefty medical bills..

but perhaps wolfie, the smilies u chose was not really approrpiate, ppl could've easily hv misunderstood what u're putting accross

Default Zb

Did anyone see the Zaobao coverage yesterday? It was more impactful than the ST-the wordings, the pix..
    They actually had a pic of the bodies but as the reporter said, as the case was too tragic and sad, they edited the bodies out of the pix (leaving only white outlines of where the bodies should have been).
    Showed sensitivity to the case.In comparison,ST didnt have that human dimension to reporting the case (yesterday).
    So tragic..she clearly had the whole thing well planned out

Quote Originally Posted by jared
    It wouldn't be so bad if she just wanted to kill herself (because it would be her making the decision for herself). Not giving the kids (or husband) a choice in the matter is something I think is pretty selfish and very unfair of her though.
    well, the newspaper reported she's in the state of deep depression.. which means she couldnt think straight, or not in the capacity to think straight.. so selfish is not really a correct term for it.. people in her state has no capacity to decide what's right or wrong..

easier said than done.. sometimes we wouldnt knw until we're in that state ourselves..

lets respect the deceased ok..

Looks like whatever you tried to convey, it came across too vaguely to be properly understood. And given the context of the situation, i would say that it was a pretty snsitive topic.

Nonetheless, i'm glad you came straight out and cleared the air.

Well then, it's all water under the bridge now.

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by usherer
    So tragic..she clearly had the whole thing well planned out
    What happened if she fell down and killed another person? I mean, she's quite selfish in aspect, among other matters. Anyway, that's aside. Cancer is getting very common nowadays. 1 out of 3 death in Singapore is due to cancer. Cancer is the 2nd top killer after heart failure in Singapore. I think everyone of us should have adaquate insurance coverage to deal with such a possibility. Our life-style (stress, diet, lack of exercise etc) is the main devil. I think we should be prepared emotionly and finanically to deal with cancer occurring in a household to any of our family members. I'm not refering to just buying insurance, but also changing our mindset to accept cancer as part and parcel of life.

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Insurance companies will NOT pay if the cause of death is suicide and the policy is less than 1 year old.

My mom died of cancer two years back after a tough fight of three months (advanced stage when discovered) The pain of going through the treatment is undescrible, and only the sufferers can experience it. Suicide is a cowardly act but when the pain got too unbearable, can anyone in that stage think straight?

i'm sorry to heard that. it must be a tough time for u and yr family member during that period.
    For those who suffer in silent is the worst, without family support and understanding when they need them, dun think they can even think straight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Looks like whatever you tried to convey, it came across too vaguely to be properly understood. And given the context of the situation, i would say that it was a pretty snsitive topic.

Nonetheless, i'm glad you came straight out and cleared the air.

Well then, it's all water under the bridge now.

Cheers.
    Pai seh to all if they think otherwise. And i hope my little explanation can clear teh air.

Quote Originally Posted by naviseal
    Pai seh to all if they think otherwise. And i hope my little explanation can clear teh air.
    steady steady, u had definitely clear the air liao

Was talking to me colleague abt this issue over lunch as well,

this incident came as a total contrast against some footage shown last week on TV where this 90 plus lady taking care of her 60 plus daughter......
    very adverse condition, so old no money and daughter very sick, but her will to live is so strong……. Kudos to her…..

on prevention……
    the main culprit I feel is our busy lifestyle,
    many a time, we spent more time with our colleguage and bosses than with our family members…., when we reach home, instead of communicating with our children or love one, we are more worried abt mandane things like got do homework or not, how’s your exam result, in the other words lack of communication…..

Effective communication could proably help to prevent a fair amount of such tragedy from happening…..,

Physical aspect
    As someone mentioned before, diet and excerise very impt…..
    When u are healthy, at least the amount of trouble you have will reduce greatly, and best of all can go ard shooting rite

just my 2 cents worth....

heart wrenching news......

sigh.

wonder what the mother had on her mind when she did what she did with the kids...

sigh.

It's kind of sad to hear of this news. Nevertheless, she planned it real well. It seems to be a weird case, doesn't it? Perhaps the suspected post natal depression caused her to plan the suicidal case to involve the kids. If the parents-in-law ain't concerned about the kids and/or herself to stop her, why should she arranged for them to fly to Thailand? funny..... **scratch****scratch****scratch** sounds like mother fishes who eats up her young if she cannot protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by garvinchow
    Perhaps the suspected post natal depression caused her to plan the suicidal case to involve the kids.
    erm......don't think post natal depression can last that long......the youngest kid is already 2 years old right?

Errr ...

Can someone help me to think of a better way to stop this thread from growing before it became OT ??

I sensed that if this continues more different opinion and other unrelated topics will chips in and it does not served the deceased respects, felt that we are using this topics to put down whatever that came out from our head ..

Please forgive me ... coz I do not wish to see someone, somehow, unknowing the implication wrote something ... errr .... (dun know wat) u know? I know this happens everywhere and we tends to gossip a bit here and there ..

What I can say here is we all felt very sorry about this and for the family, we hope they can pull through this and carry on ... ... .... we need to show some empathy. What happens if their family members read this thread and got even more sadden ...

If we really want to continue, I suggest open a new thread like
    eg. what happens you got uncure decease? what u 1 to do next blah blah ...

Sorry guys and gals, I am weak at emotional ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by drebel
    well, the newspaper reported she's in the state of deep depression.. which means she couldnt think straight, or not in the capacity to think straight.. so selfish is not really a correct term for it.. people in her state has no capacity to decide what's right or wrong..

easier said than done.. sometimes we wouldnt knw until we're in that state ourselves..

lets respect the deceased ok..
    Whether she was in a deep state of depression or not, she murdered her kids.

Martin Bryant went on a killing rampage a few years back and was said to be in a "deep state of depression" at the time. So neither of these people may have been thinking straight at the time, but in my eyes, that doesn't make murdering innocent people any more excusable.

I feel sorry for her kids that died, but I see no need to "respect the deceased" in the mother's case after what she had done. I do respect the fact that people may think differently to me on this subject though.

If she is suffering from depression and her mind cannot think straight at that point of time, however she has the ability to plan all these thing??

The parent can actually still go oversea and the husband also working oversea when the wife is suffering from depression?

If she has the courage to jump down, she should have the courage to face the treatment, but this is easier said than done. Maybe death is a relief to the deceased but not to the extend of bring the two innocent girl along.

I would say that it is far more courage than many of us, although what she did may not be right. Many of us would just pray and "fight" to survive the cancer, but having the courage to jump is far more impossible for anyone to do.

I have a cousin who did jump off due to lack of channels to look to tell her problems. As much as my cousin loves her family, the mother here I would say loves her children, that she cannot left them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    If she is suffering from depression and her mind cannot think straight at that point of time, however she has the ability to plan all these thing??

The parent can actually still go oversea and the husband also working oversea when the wife is suffering from depression?

If she has the courage to jump down, she should have the courage to face the treatment, but this is easier said than done. Maybe death is a relief to the deceased but not to the extend of bring the two innocent girl along.

i agree with knight ong that we need to put a stop to somehow to this thread..

to me, it is just not right we pass judgement on the deceased purely based on the limited info we read from papers n hear on TV, without knowing what really happened, why she did what she did, what went thru her head... why ppl around her didnt notice and so on and son on...

Quote Originally Posted by wilis128
    i agree with knight ong that we need to put a stop to somehow to this thread..

to me, it is just not right we pass judgement on the deceased purely based on the limited info we read from papers n hear on TV, without knowing what really happened, why she did what she did, what went thru her head... why ppl around her didnt notice and so on and son on...
    I totally agree. Why don't the mod just close the thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast