Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?



    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Haha. I once attended a friend's wedding where nearly everyone brought cameras... except me (coz I read here in CS, not nice.. just go enjoy the wedding, etc). A couple of them rented DSLR, etc. Moral of the story? Next time dun care liao... carry DSLR along
    ,
    in fact, should just go enjoy the wedding instead squeeze here and there taking photos with them. for mi i just bring a small sx100 with me..

    Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg View Post

    I counted 9 cameras all trying to squeeze into 1 room to take a similar looking picture... argh... will never forget how gross it is for so many ppl to squeeze together.... Not to mention everybody's flash interfering with everyone else's picture.... hahaha....
    Dun feel so hard-hearted.. i ever seen more than 20ppl with dslr squeeze into one room just to take the couple photos.. im one of them ...

  2. #22
    Member driveanegg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Practise makes perfect. Try josling around space in one of these...
    XMM heaven !!! sigh ... pity i work most weekends....

    Yes i lack practice ..... hahahahaha... time to drag out the camera....
    I probably collect lenses more than I take pictures
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33270154@N03/

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Hi there,for indoor shooting need flashlight.Do you have one?If don't.Quicky get one.

  4. #24
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg View Post
    XMM heaven !!! sigh ... pity i work most weekends....

    Yes i lack practice ..... hahahahaha... time to drag out the camera....
    I can model for you if you're interested, but unfortunately I neither fit into the X or the MM category

    Nowadays I don't even bring any compact to weddings... coz I know someone else will bring DSLR (reference to err... TS? heh)

  5. #25

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Hi All my Seniors,

    Thank you very much for all of your advice.
    i will try my best.
    Anyway, there will be another friend of the couple also taking photos on that day.
    so, kind of less stress cos at least some backup
    Oh.. i forgot to mention that i have external flash SB600 with diffuser and i gonna use it on that day.
    now i am playing with it for bounce angle to avoid the ugly shadow and to achieve more natural look of light.
    Again, thank you very much for your explanation and advice.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I can model for you if you're interested, but unfortunately I neither fit into the X or the MM category

    Nowadays I don't even bring any compact to weddings... coz I know someone else will bring DSLR (reference to err... TS? heh)
    DGG???

  7. #27

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Welcome to CS !
    Have fun shooting your friend 's wedding

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferderico View Post
    i think wedding photoshoots are fantastic way to learn photography...
    the subjects and story behind the photos are obvious and the subjects are always ready to take pics (unlike street photography)

    there is no need to be mean when someone is trying to learn something;.
    u think too much.... who's being mean here? What if a real newbie is the only photographer on the wedding??? Different expectations of the couple and the newbie can possibly lead to a strain in the friendship.
    G

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Taking wedding photos need CPL filter?

    Quote Originally Posted by myojo View Post
    Hi All my Seniors,

    Thank you very much for all of your advice.
    i will try my best.
    Anyway, there will be another friend of the couple also taking photos on that day.
    so, kind of less stress cos at least some backup
    Oh.. i forgot to mention that i have external flash SB600 with diffuser and i gonna use it on that day.
    now i am playing with it for bounce angle to avoid the ugly shadow and to achieve more natural look of light.
    Again, thank you very much for your explanation and advice.
    in that case, this is a good opportunity to learn as long as the responsibility to deliver pics do not rest heavily on your shoulders...but do remember to give the 'official' photographer the priority to shoot. It is a good way to learn in this way too

    not sure if the bounce is useful. You may encounter high ceilings, weird color walls that will change the color of your flash. Unless you are using something like a bounce card?
    G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •