Thread: Newbie 1st shot

Talking Newbie 1st shot

1st Shot

Hi guys, I'm new to this fourm, so here is my 1 shot, please, all are welcome to give your comment.

I took this shot using SONY DSC-S50.
    Last edited by xiaops2; 10th May 2002 at 08:37 AM.

hey fren, did you post the file location properly? i can't connect to the photo leh...

is it yahoo or yahoofs???
    spell wrongly?

Sorry about that, I think there is some hyper link error back there.

Its yahoofs alright......??

Please try again.

I saw your picture. Why do you find it interesting?

Actually, there is nothing intersting about the pic...It's just that I never knew that my digi cam was able to take this type of photo...(where the vehicle's light can drag so long.) I was just excited that I found out things that I never knew. As I am new to taking intersting pic using digi cam, so hope you guys would bare with me. I am still learning. Thanks.

Originally posted by xiaops2
    Actually, there is nothing intersting about the pic...It's just that I never knew that my digi cam was able to take this type of photo...(where the vehicle's light can drag so long.) I was just excited that I found out things that I never knew. As I am new to taking intersting pic using digi cam, so hope you guys would bare with me. I am still learning. Thanks.
    There is nothing wrong with finding out what your camera can do. However, I feel that you can still learn to operate your camera while conveying an idea instead of just shooting for the sake of shooting. The camera is not only a box full of buttons but is a tool to help capture a vision. By identifying a vision/an idea, you can then learn to apply the necessary techniques to successfully capture it. Isn't that more productive?

About the vehicle light trail, its a fairly common technique and can be achieved by any decent camera with a longer shutter speed. So in this case, you have to decide what are you actually telling with the light trail. Is the light trail too short?