Thread: GIMP 2.0 for Windows

Default GIMP 2.0 for Windows

The GIMP 1.2 should run on Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP. It is recommended to use an NT-based version of Windows (NT4, 2000 or XP) for GIMP 2.0. The amount of memory can be an important factor, especially if you intend to work on large images. A minimum of 64 MB of RAM is recommended, but several GB do not hurt.

GIMP 2.0

does it work faster than ps?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    does it work faster than ps?
    I like Gimp over PS .... but for some items, I prefer Photoshop, especially build in ICC/ICM ..... the addon for GIMP does not work properly.....

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    I like Gimp over PS .... but for some items, I prefer Photoshop, especially build in ICC/ICM ..... the addon for GIMP does not work properly.....
    No ICC/Color management no way! No CMYK mode as well makes it not usable in pro publishing world. Try again...

just d/l and installed on my terminal... hehehe finally able to resize my avatar to an uploadable size using gimp 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    No ICC/Color management no way! No CMYK mode as well makes it not usable in pro publishing world. Try again...
    Ummm... yeah, but it's free. And "pro publishers" are expected to make enough $$ and spend on Adobe products anyway, since that's the standard. GIMP's target market is quite different.

not used to it leh... pressing Ctrl-K for Clear vs just hitting the Del key... reminds me of WordPerfect...
    and the constant marquee as canvas edges is distracting LOL...
    not bashing it though...
    I'm just entrenched in PS since v4
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Haven't had time to test it yet... but anybody knows if it has photoshop similar functions like
    - Shadows/Highlights
    - Healing Brush
    - RAW file support