Thread: G3 IBook

Default G3 IBook

Hi, need to upgrade the ram on my Apple G3 ibook but dunno what to buy: sdram or ddr and 133mhz or higher? anyone got experience? I dun wanna get from apple shop cos might be too ex......

Go to SLS's the PA Mart. Ask for Leslie or Marvin, they should be able to answer your questions. It's about 99SGD if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilya
    Hi, need to upgrade the ram on my Apple G3 ibook but dunno what to buy: sdram or ddr and 133mhz or higher? anyone got experience? I dun wanna get from apple shop cos might be too ex......
    If i'm not wrong the old G3s cannot take the new DDR RAM. Just sold my 512MB off... should have said earlier...

Aiya coke, i should have posted this message earlier lol, thanks tmc i will check it out this weekend.

Should be an SO-DIMM -133MHz if you wanna do on ur own.

got my 3rd party, for my powerbook, do check how many slots the ibook has if u wanna do it on ur own. Rumours that micron works best with apple... but i have kingston in my desktop... works fine.

Default ram

Hey thanks for the info, SO-dimm 133 can still be easily bought from sim lim right?

Quote Originally Posted by moos blues
    Should be an SO-DIMM -133MHz if you wanna do on ur own.

got my 3rd party, for my powerbook, do check how many slots the ibook has if u wanna do it on ur own. Rumours that micron works best with apple... but i have kingston in my desktop... works fine.

Yup i bought my 512mb at sim lim after i got my G3 ibook last year.

I got mine for $210, dunno whether the price drop or increase?

All the shops there are big time cheats man. Bloody indian shops all are run by one syndicate or something. In their price list, they put $210, once you go into the shop, they will say out of stock but they can get it for you for $230

I went to at least 3 shops, all said the exact same thing and all Indian

2 hrs of walking later, i finally found this tiny shop at the corner that sold for $210 that THE PRICELIST LISTED as the selling price. I was so pissed by then already. I just walked in and retorted," This better be the selling price you're selling this ram" To my surprise, they said yes (must be never join the sydnicate) and i bought it there and installed it right in front of them.

Hey thanks for the info, SO-dimm 133 can still be easily bought from sim lim right?
    Yup, but its relatively more expensive becos its "old" RAM and manufactures no longer produce them. I got my 512MB RAM DDR 266hz for $180.

i think its about $220 to $250 thereabouts for g3 ram for ibooks.

Default syndicate....

....gulp, hope i dun buy the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    Yup i bought my 512mb at sim lim after i got my G3 ibook last year.

I got mine for $210, dunno whether the price drop or increase?

All the shops there are big time cheats man. Bloody indian shops all are run by one syndicate or something. In their price list, they put $210, once you go into the shop, they will say out of stock but they can get it for you for $230

I went to at least 3 shops, all said the exact same thing and all Indian

2 hrs of walking later, i finally found this tiny shop at the corner that sold for $210 that THE PRICELIST LISTED as the selling price. I was so pissed by then already. I just walked in and retorted," This better be the selling price you're selling this ram" To my surprise, they said yes (must be never join the sydnicate) and i bought it there and installed it right in front of them.

Default Bought 256 instead...

Bought a 256 ram instead at $120 installed and working fine
    Thanks for all the help guys.

oh man. ibook rams are going at 99 at PA mart the last time I checked

Default Erm....

Issit 256 or 512 one?

Bought a 256 ram instead at $120 installed and working fine
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    Someone was selling 512MB for $180 over at the mac forum....