Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [HELP]Pentax K-x : recommend a fast lense

Default Re: [HELP]Pentax K-x : recommend a fast lense

Quote Originally Posted by reallygong View Post
    Greeting Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to all the members in this forum. I am new member and newbie to photography.

I got myself a Pentax K-x recently with the duo lenses set. After about 2 weeks, I notice that I can't take good shoot with Shutter speed more then 1/500 secs. I was trying to take photo for my 1 year plus old daughter. She's very active and most of the time I miss those interesting moment or those shoot just too blur or too dark. I shot most of the shoot in door and I do not really like using flash.

Looking at the future, I think I will need for the various shooting purposes.
    - Wide angle Lense
    - Macro Lense
    - Fast Lense (smc PENTAX FA 50mm F1.4?)

The info I got from the forum these are the shop with good reputation Manly, SLR and 3:16. Any other good shop that selling lenses in a very attractive price that you guys highly recommend?

Any of the member can share a few tips with me on taking photo for fast moving objects in door with poor lighting? I would be very thankful.

where you bought with the duo lense..? i thought no longer have the duo lense offer

The current K-x pricing (whether body only, single kit lens or dual kit lens) is, as far as we know, not a promotional price. So no changes there.

It's the K-7 that was running with a promotional price for the dual WR kit lenses. That promo might have ended already (I'm not sure). If that's the one you're interested in, call the shops to find out.

I shot with JPG and with Noise reduction auto-activate starting from ISO 400 and High-ISO NR on High. I did try using Shutter Priority and Aperture Priority and ISO on Auto(100-12600), those shoots totally unacceptable. So most of the time I just set the ISO between 100~800.
    you can try up to 1600, i think.

naturally 3200, 6400, 12800 (not 12600) will be problematic. to shoot cleanly at that, you probably need a full frame camera - and that will probably be acceptable up to perhaps 6400.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossOver View Post
    where you bought with the duo lense..? i thought no longer have the duo lense offer
    k-x with dual kit lens is still $899 at slr revolution, just that currently out of stock.

different from "offer no longer available".

glad you managed to get what you wanted, reallygong.

in any case, you can still consider getting a 50mm f/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by CrossOver View Post
    I got it at SLR Revolution 2 weeks ago. It's a reserved set. Out of stock in most of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    k-x with dual kit lens is still $899 at slr revolution, just that currently out of stock.

different from "offer no longer available".
    $899 is Boy + DA 18-55mm + DA 50-200mm right? Cos I paid $1103 for Body + DA 18-55mm + DA 50-300mm as listed from the list given in CS. Hope the price did not drop so much for just 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    glad you managed to get what you wanted, reallygong.

in any case, you can still consider getting a 50mm f/1.4
    Thank you. An external flash or 50mm f/1.4, only 1 winner

Looking at this photo I am so much happy now after taking all the advises from you guys.

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    I happy for you as well

$899 is Boy + DA 18-55mm + DA 50-200mm right? Cos I paid $1103 for Body + DA 18-55mm + DA 50-300mm as listed from the list given in CS. Hope the price did not drop so much for just 2 weeks.
    yes, that's for the 50-200.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12