1. Go to NOTEPAD
2. Type a single space and save the file (e.g. A.TXT)
3. go to DOS
4. Type the following command (in the directory you created A.TXT)
TYPE A.TXT >> A.TXT
5. Repeat step 4 for total 29 times
6. If you lose track, type DIR and look at the file size. Stop when the file size is 536,870,912
7. Copy A.TXT into B.TXT, C.TXT, D.TXT (each file is 512MB so copy as many as you require.. for 8GB you will need 15 of these)
8. Copy A.TXT, B.TXT, C.TXT into your camera
PS You will actually end up with less than 512MB on your card though coz "512MB" for harddisk and memory makers are not multiplies of 1024 but rather multiplies of 1000. Yeah it sucks. What you can do is instead of delete some spaces from the file mid-way (when it's 1024kb and make it 1000kb), then continue the copy process.
Another way is copy 14 of these instead of 15.. you will end up very close to 7.5GB out of your 8GB taken up by blank file, leaving you with only 0.5GB (or 512MB) to work with.