Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP needed!

Default Re: HELP needed!

Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg View Post
    Vitacon is the name of a brand ... usually filters and other related accesories...

Not exactly known for great quality ... but easily the most expensive filter in someone's kit as most ppl will invariably get convinced by some salesperson to buy it at a very high price....

People in CS love to help ! As long as you have done a reasonable amount of homework first !!

Anyway... I dont know much about the converter that you got, but just make the best use of it !! Try try try hard !! And be happy making pictures !!! And know that friends in CS will be around to advice and help !!

Happy shooting !!
    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    The unit that you just bought is also very likely to have been made by Vitacon.

There have been past cases of people getting conned to buying these Vitacon converters at exorbitant prices. Thus the inclination towards emphasising the "con" part of the brand.

The Raynox is definitely a great piece to have. Since you have researched it, it would have been more prudent to have stayed on track and just got it instead of letting the salesperson persuade you into a purchase solely based on his opinions.
    Whatever that piece of equipment is, i second the idea to try to exchange for a raynox if they are willing to ....

keep shooting !!
    Yeah, they showed me the retail price of the converter to me, which is $2199. even i wanna make complaint to CASE or what also cant, as the price they sold is way below the retail price.
    Hopefully tomorrow they willing to change the converter to raynox when i bring it back to them.
    btw, is raynox also cant see anything when its far distance?

Quote Originally Posted by peinyuk View Post

Yes..

Yes, its the nature of the close up lens. Just remove it to take normal things
    I probably collect lenses more than I take pictures
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33270154@N03/

Yes..
    IF they willing to change something else to me, what lense should i go for? (total $450 value)
    canon 50mm f1.8 (which is less than $200?)

is it possible?
    i bought a tamron zoom lense as well.. i checked the price is 50bucks higher than AP.. =(
    Is it possible? never try nv know...best if you could find the same item elsewhere, ask for the price and take some evidence(photo etc) and talk to the sales ppl there...if still no luck, try CASE. There's really no reason to take the cheating silently...
    Last edited by ovaltinemilo; 21st March 2010 at 11:00 PM.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Is it possible? never try nv know...best if you could find the same item elsewhere, ask for the price and take some evidence(photo etc) and talk to the sales ppl there...if still no luck, try CASE. There's really no reason to take the cheating silently...
    will be trying tomorrow..
    there is no way to complaint to CASE ba.. cuz the retail price is way too high than the total value they sold the things..

IF they willing to change something else to me, what lense should i go for? (total $450 value)
    canon 50mm f1.8 (which is less than $200?)
    I'm not familiar with Canon lenses, but the 50mm f/1.8 is quite a good beginner lens. And I believe it can be had for $100/$110 brand new.

You can mount it reversely and use it as a macro lens too. Will need some sort of adaptor though, which also shouldn't cost much.

exactly same items as this seller selling...
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488393
    ah ok, they came out with new "brand" to con people again.

there we have another person being conned and now trying to sell it off to another unsuspecting newbie.

Remember another rule, lens that generally give more than 1 dedicated function are usually very average in doing both/all and should logically cost very little compared to the dedicated.

Well good luck in exchanging it for a raynox 250, highly doubt they will even bother with you as Bally is a very very famous con shop.

will be trying tomorrow..
    there is no way to complaint to CASE ba.. cuz the retail price is way too high than the total value they sold the things..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632951

Apparently, CASE will not help you if the RRP is much higher than what you paid.

I'm not familiar with Canon lenses, but the 50mm f/1.8 is quite a good beginner lens. And I believe it can be had for $100/$110 brand new.

You can mount it reversely and use it as a macro lens too. Will need some sort of adaptor though, which also shouldn't cost much.
    ya, checked the price for the canon 50mm f1.8 retail price is 159..
    assuming they willing to change and i will have another 300 bucks for other things..

if they are not willing to change.. then i will just give up this expensive hobby =(

unless you got video recording with the salesman saying "So what if I con you", dun even bother going to CASE. CASE Singapore is useless.

ya, checked the price for the canon 50mm f1.8 retail price is 159..
    assuming they willing to change and i will have another 300 bucks for other things..

if they are not willing to change.. then i will just give up this expensive hobby =(
    Why give up?You still have a nice camera... well capable of taking very nice pictures... its not that expensive equipment = nicer pics ya ???

cheer up !!!

Why give up?You still have a nice camera... well capable of taking very nice pictures... its not that expensive equipment = nicer pics ya ???

cheer up !!!
    cuz i don wan to reveal more faces of dishonest people..
    just wondering how would they sleep by cheating other ppl's hard earn money..

Buy your stuff online then?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    unless you got video recording with the salesman saying "So what if I con you", dun even bother going to CASE. CASE Singapore is useless.
    i will record down the conversation tml when i go down to xchange..
    the reason i wan to xchange will be, the information he gave is incorrect. he say no black corners but yet there is..

scare being scammed.

gotta off to bed..
    thanx all for the advise..
    pray hard that they are willing to xchange to other things .. at retail price also wont mind..

nites all..

To put things in perspective.... being humans we all lie now and then. We are all hypocritical now and then. We are all "sinners" for want of a better word (non religious person here). Most people will however make an effort to reduce the above ya ??? So most people are actually nice ??? Unfortunately there are those that choose to make a living in undesirable ways ... while we deplore them, we could also take a step back and think about whether there are circumstances which made them that way ???

Yes... I agree you were cheated, but take it as a life's lesson.

Do your homework before putting money into stuff etc... Its an important lesson because in future, there will be much more times where you need to put in REALLY big amounts of money, like buying life insurance, buying a car (maybe), buying a home, making investments ... This lesson hard as it is now, will teach you (no doubt) to look hard at options, consider, and get 2nd opinions before making any decisions !!! Errors in judgment in those above, will cost tens of thousands and many years to pay up, if ever....

And you do want to take pictures of the kind hearted kid who helped the old granny across the road ya ???

there are also dishonest seller online

just learn the hard way this time, no point go back n argue till the cow come home. in the end you might still walk out disaapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Marlb0r0 View Post
    :
    She can always ask where to buy online mah... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlb0r0 View Post

just learn the hard way this time, no point go back n argue till the cow come home. in the end you might still walk out disaapointed
    thats y these blacklisted shops still alive...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast