Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Montage 2004

Quote Originally Posted by jkl
    enghong,

so wat's the final outcome? will u be posting the results here?

Not me, someone else will. Will be in KL from Mon to Thur.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-New
    I was told by Jason the exhibition will have about 10 prints! and only 5 prize winners in each section. I was not one of the committee, no details of the winners.

Jason here.

Hmmm, when did I tell you ONLY 10 prints will be exhibited?
    Muz be miscommunication.
    Anyway, this year's Montage is focused to exhibits as many works as possible.

With 681 Entries, 107 was selected for exhibition.
    The breakdown and confirmation will come later today, when we get the webpage up.

As for those of you who have submitted entries(and selected for exhibition), please check your email, cuz Zonghe sent out a request for your original media, which needs to be collected within one week.

Those of you who have got prizes are
    Top Entry, and Merit Awards.
    Hornorary Mentions will be entitled a ticket each of your respective category...

Anything I miss?

Smile

<<<AS PROMISED, the release of results by our VICE-Prez/Exhibition Director>>>
    To all participants of Montage 2004,

The official judging results for Montage 2004 exhibition has been released at
    http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/results.htm. Congratulations to all prize
    winners!

Thank you for your enthusiastic support towards Montage 2004 and we look
    forword to seeing you at the seminar on 12th June at Suntec Singapore.

Regards
    Cai Zonghe
    Vice President
    NUS Photographic Society

P.S We will be contacting all prize winners 1 week prior to the seminar with
    the prize presentation details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yjx
    Jason here.

Hmmm, when did I tell you ONLY 10 prints will be exhibited?
    Muz be miscommunication.
    Anyway, this year's Montage is focused to exhibits as many works as possible.

With 681 Entries, 107 was selected for exhibition.
    The breakdown and confirmation will come later today, when we get the webpage up.

As for those of you who have submitted entries(and selected for exhibition), please check your email, cuz Zonghe sent out a request for your original media, which needs to be collected within one week.

Those of you who have got prizes are
    Top Entry, and Merit Awards.
    Hornorary Mentions will be entitled a ticket each of your respective category...

Anything I miss?
    My apologies. Should be 100 prints. typo...

i heard the results have been changed due to some unforseen circumstances... wonder how true is that

I'm interested in the seminars on the 12th, can I just buy a ticket at the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    i heard the results have been changed due to some unforseen circumstances... wonder how true is that
    please substantiate your claim

could be rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    I'm interested in the seminars on the 12th, can I just buy a ticket at the door?
    yeah, can just buy one at the door? cos i can't really tell till that week itself if i got to OT that Sat morning.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik

Hmmm, looking from the officail results, the winning print is no longer the portraiture....

That's kinda relief, whatever the reason.

Anyway, was at the judging, I think NUSPS did a great job with the prints, gloves and plastic sleeves and all.... also quite pro with the ranking, dun even let us see ...gd work siah...

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    yeah, can just buy one at the door? cos i can't really tell till that week itself if i got to OT that Sat morning.

Hi all,

if no sell out, always can buy on 12th morning at the door.
    But always ealier juz to be sure.

Exclamation Montage 2004 Photographic Seminar, this SATURDAY.

Hi all,

http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/
    Montage 2004 Photographic Seminar will be held this Saturday, 12th June, at Suntec Singapore Theatre Level 2.

There is still a chance for you to join us, with speakers,
    Mr Yip Hoi Kee, (Yip Hoi Kee's World of Photography)
    Dr Graeme Guy, (Nature Photography in Singapore)
    Mr Ernest Goh, (Life as a Young Photographer)
    Mr Russel Wong, (Celebrity Photography)
    Mr Vincent Boackert.(Digital Imaging Workflow)

The Exhibition will also feature 100 photos, selectively choosen by our Judges.
    Be sure to reach as early as 8.30am for ticket purchase($15 for public, $10 for Student) and registration.

Hope to see you then.

--
    Regards,

Yang Jiexiang, Jason
    Mobile: 93663546

the exhibition is juz 1 day only izzit?

from the web
    --------------------
    MONTAGE 2004
    Magic of Light
    Seminar cum Exhibition

Date of Exhibition: 12th to 20th June 2004
    Venue: Suntec Singapore Level 2

Date of Exhibition: 10th to 21st August 2004
    Venue: NUS Museum Visiting Exhibition Gallery

so after the 12th can juz go for the exhibition FOC?or exhibition oso nid to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by dong
    so after the 12th can juz go for the exhibition FOC?or exhibition oso nid to pay?

Hi Dong, The exhibition's free............unless we can find a way to cordon off the corridor........=p...........and get 2 bouncers to guard the place for an entire week......=p..........aniwae, if you cannot make it on Sat, its on till 20th June. It will only be opened after Sat noon by the GOH.

On a different note, juz like to know if anyone from CS is going for the seminar...........juz like to anticipate meeting some of you there..........=>

Cheers

EngHong

Me! but i didn't go for the seminar... went there to collect my prints... saw you but don't think you know who i am...

jkl

Congratulations to the organizing commitee of the Photographic Society of NUS for a well-organized and enjoyable seminar/exhibition.

Sat through every talk, and I must say the choice of speakers was excellent (especially liked Mr Russel Wong). However, would have prefered a bit more information -workshop type talks in the coming Montages.

Still, a very good seminar, and I'll be there for Montage 2005!

Cheers

Thank you NUSPS for organizing Montage 2004. Excellently organised. No hiccups whatsoever... However, I feel that perhaps some of the speakers could be better prepared in their content and speak on the topic in relation. I felt that Ernest Goh could have touched more on how he managed to go this far as a "Young Photographer". Cos basically, it was a sharing of his photos ... (but they were excellent!) ... and not so much of his experience building and stuff.

Still, great day out for me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123