Thread: Flexible payment shop

Default Flexible payment shop

Hello, i have a friend planning to buy his first DSLR cam, but would prefer to have it on installment payment. As per my advice he'll take a body and a separate lens(slightly better than kit). Harvey Norman didn't have stock, is there any other shops that offer this kind of payment mode? We have asked few shops already.

Default Re: Flexible payment shop

You can try Courts. They have cameras as well but they're probably a bit more expensive...

You can try MS Color. I bought my 500D few months back. Paying by citibank credit card with 12 months 0% installment. Different credit card different installment plan. But if paying by credit card need to pay additional 1.5% on top of the quoted price. You can call them to check for more detail.

Think twice whether it is necessary to put a hobby on installment payments. I'd try to pay upfront and have the credit card as backup for real emergencies. Especially with consumer products you will have the situation that after some months (or as soon as the next model comes out, the cycles are short) your remaining resell value of the gear is lower than the outstanding amount in the installment plan. Which means: if you need to sell in order to get cash you will lose out.
    A short term installment (e.g. 6 months) would still be ok in terms of numbers.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Think twice whether it is necessary to put a hobby on installment payments. I'd try to pay upfront and have the credit card as backup for real emergencies. Especially with consumer products you will have the situation that after some months (or as soon as the next model comes out, the cycles are short) your remaining resell value of the gear is lower than the outstanding amount in the installment plan. Which means: if you need to sell in order to get cash you will lose out.
    A short term installment (e.g. 6 months) would still be ok in terms of numbers.
    Typical newbie who buys/sells camera intead of a real love for photography. My old cam still gives me great pics. I even shoots film, love it.

Thanks for the response, will try call MS Colour

Quote Originally Posted by chrisyeong View Post
    Typical newbie who buys/sells camera intead of a real love for photography. My old cam still gives me great pics. I even shoots film, love it.
    Do you mean me?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by chrisyeong View Post
    He/She is giving sound advice. You should stroke yourself some where else.

Blog Entries

Buying consumer electronics on installment is one of the most financially unsound decision you can ever make. Don't do it.

Unless you are planning to "extend" your credit line by buying on installment and converting the item to cash by selling it immediately.

Confirmed, my friend able to transact at MS Color on installment plan. Thanks for the response. Thread closed.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade View Post
    Confirmed, my friend able to transact at MS Color on installment plan. Thanks for the response. Thread closed.
    That's your job - upper right hand, thread tools.
    EOS