Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardcore Street Photography Thread

Default Re: Hardcore Street Photography Thread

http://sohow.tumblr.com/post/4325194...-why-ill-never

Have a look at this, saw it while surfing around

i think i agree. . .

Hello. I wanna try street photography because I have seen many photos on this area and it's really interesting to capture happenings that happen on streets, starting from the area I live in.
    But I have some doubts. I know it's stereotype thinking but it's true that people will see DSLR as a professional camera. I don't own a DSLR yet but I have a compact camera and I have been using it for my photography interest (while saving up for dslr). Will people tend to be nasty if I try to shot them with a compact camera? Will they think I'm trying to be funny?
    And before taking a shot of random people doing stuff, did you really approach them first? Or secretly take a shot of them?

Quote Originally Posted by craziefunky View Post
    Hello. I wanna try street photography because I have seen many photos on this area and it's really interesting to capture happenings that happen on streets, starting from the area I live in.
    But I have some doubts. I know it's stereotype thinking but it's true that people will see DSLR as a professional camera. I don't own a DSLR yet but I have a compact camera and I have been using it for my photography interest (while saving up for dslr). Will people tend to be nasty if I try to shot them with a compact camera? Will they think I'm trying to be funny?
    And before taking a shot of random people doing stuff, did you really approach them first? Or secretly take a shot of them?
    a compact camera is great for street photography, as it is unobtrusive and appears non-threatening and non-professional. its biggest drawback is shutter lag. however, some of the newer compacts are pretty responsive. by pre-focusing and waiting for right moment, almost all compact cameras can do a pretty decent job of capturing the 'decisive moment'.

let ppl see that you are openly taking random photos in the street. after a while they will just ignore you and you can take all the shots you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12