Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: How much spam mail do you receive each day?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default How much spam mail do you receive each day?

    Just want to find out. How much junk e-mail do u ppl receive everyday in your e-mail account(s)? Spammers hit practically every account I got. My office e-mail receives at least 5 or 6 spam mails every day, despite the presence of firewalls, spam filters and what not. My ISP account (I'm on Singnet BB) is also flooded with at least 20 over such emails per day, so I have to resort to using web-based email, which still attracts junk/spam mail but slightly better. At least u dun have to wait while ur e-mail client downloads tons of useless spam mail.

    Just wondering also, which anti-spam/spam filter software out there is the most effective? Anyone knows?

  2. #2
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    tons of spam mail....at least 95% of my mails are spam...crap

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Just want to find out. How much junk e-mail do u ppl receive everyday in your e-mail account(s)? Spammers hit practically every account I got. My office e-mail receives at least 5 or 6 spam mails every day, despite the presence of firewalls, spam filters and what not. My ISP account (I'm on Singnet BB) is also flooded with at least 20 over such emails per day, so I have to resort to using web-based email, which still attracts junk/spam mail but slightly better. At least u dun have to wait while ur e-mail client downloads tons of useless spam mail.

    Just wondering also, which anti-spam/spam filter software out there is the most effective? Anyone knows?

  3. #3

    Default

    Used to received more than 30 spam/junk mails a day for my pacific net account, dun know where the hack porn ads also came in and flooded it ... I am safe now as terminated it a few months back ..

    Now with singnet BB, seldom anymore but once in a blue moon got lar.

    Office account less than 5 per days, very careful nowadays not to give emails anyhow when there are promotion or survey like tis like tat lar ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  4. #4

    Default

    I recieved abt 50 or more per day. Now using Mailwasher pro to delete them

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    I recieved abt 50 or more per day. Now using Mailwasher pro to delete them
    Any idea where to download this program from and is it shareware or freeware? Thanks...

  6. #6

    Default

    Sorry, I can't really remember where I downloaded it but you can try download.com or do a search on Yahoo.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    On a "good day" I can get up to 100-200. I now subscribe to spamcop.net's filtering email account to filter them based on their blacklists.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Spam?? I'd say 80% of my daily mails... Any good filtering stuff to recommend??

  9. #9
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    mail washer good, but only so that u dong clog up ur eudora/outlook etc. the problem if accidentally deleting the good mail from the spam is still there

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    I recieved abt 50 or more per day. Now using Mailwasher pro to delete them

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    I recieved abt 50 or more per day. Now using Mailwasher pro to delete them
    Mailwaster
    I using it also.
    I recommend u all, www.myrealbox.com
    it filters out ALL, I really mean ALL junks...
    I never received junks from that mailbox before...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    I used to receive 60+ junkmail a day in my Hotmail account, but now, it's down to only 5-10 a day. Quite strange, I don't understand why myself. I've never gotten any junkmail in my 'official' uni account eventhough I use this account for registration purposes on more important websites etc..

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Any idea where to download this program from and is it shareware or freeware? Thanks...
    You can get a lots of freeware from http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/comm/fwspam.html

    K9 is one of the good one. Actually what i do is to setup mail rules in my email program as follow:

    -All mails contain my friends email address will be put into a friends folder
    -Other mails will be put into kiv folder

    That will allow me to attend to my friends email first and go throught the kiv folder when i am free

  13. #13

    Default

    About 80-100 mails daily, but i still refude to use any spam protector. Afraid it might delete any good mail.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aosis
    About 80-100 mails daily, but i still refude to use any spam protector. Afraid it might delete any good mail.

    Don't worry, you can specify whether to auto delete. Anyway, I am using Mailwasher Pro, it can almost 90% captured and identified most of the junk mails.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    lately i've been getting tons of emails with virus like netsky etc...real irritating leh and the problem doesnt seem to be dying down. kaoz headache man...lucky i got subscribe to starhub's e.scan
    any1 else with this prob?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Mailwaster
    I using it also.
    I recommend u all, www.myrealbox.com
    it filters out ALL, I really mean ALL junks...
    I never received junks from that mailbox before...
    i used to use myrealbox.com but its kinda unstable an often goes down. so i changed to bluebottle.com no junk mails at all. also can setup smtp/pop3 for outlook.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    I used to get 90% junk mails daily which is 100+. Complain to Starhub but nothing happened. Tried all kind of spam filter programs but could not find one that really stops the junk from coming in. Finally changed email id and now it is peace and quiet....only real email........mmmmmmmm.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    My ISP filters most spam out of the system so don't have any idea how much is really being directed my way. Even so 20-30 a day get through. Pre filtering days I used to get upwards of 200+
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Use 2 email addresses lah.
    One for registering at web based services etc, etc..
    Another for private emails from friends.

    I hardly get any junk on my friend-based email account but lots of junk email on the web based services one.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bukit Timah, Singapore
    Posts
    315

    Default

    since i have bought space on the net, i use my domain to set up multiple email addresses.. so when i register at any site, i use an email called register@........
    if spam comes in, i will know who sold the email to spammers.. and if i do get spam, i delete the email account.

    thats the most effective way to deal with spam....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •