Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannon or Nikon?

Default Re: Cannon or Nikon?

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMusic View Post
    Oh my ....... i do not had friend who have been dslr lol ><
    Neither have we been a DSLR in former live .... since you are unfamiliar with the topic in general you should be careful with 2nd hand. Otherwise your learning might be a very hard way. Focus on one thing at a time. For now: find out that there is more than Canon and Nikon and that there is no fast answer to your initial question.
    EOS

Pentax K-7
    www.creativelab.com.sg
    Pentax K-7 Fujifilm X-E1

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    The salesman at the shop will say all good.........................
    The more expensive, the better.

As someone said above, it more a case of "..... the camera chooses the owner"

I don't know squat about photography and went to buy a Canon the same as my niece, but as soon as I picked up the Nikon (D200 at the time) my hands fell in love with it.
    No logic to it. Now I have a D300s and love that to bits and slowly getting a little better with my shots.

I wish I was in Singapore where you have lots of enthusiasts and clubs.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    The more expensive, the better.
    Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMak View Post
    As someone said above, it more a case of "..... the camera chooses the owner"

I don't know squat about photography and went to buy a Canon the same as my niece, but as soon as I picked up the Nikon (D200 at the time) my hands fell in love with it.
    No logic to it. Now I have a D300s and love that to bits and slowly getting a little better with my shots.

I wish I was in Singapore where you have lots of enthusiasts and clubs.
    Sounds very "harry potter"
    Go down to the shop, and ask if you could try swinging the bodies and see which glows
    Nikon D60|18-55|55-200|105 f/2.5 ai|35 f/1.8|
    My Flickr

The salesman at the shop will say all good.........................
    Wrong... He will say that the best brand is the brand that makes him the most money =P

canon entry level feels plasticky to me...
    50d onwards feels much better but i ended up on nikon cos the last pc of 50d was on the hands on the customer behind me..

Quote Originally Posted by MusKidd View Post
    2nd that.
    Hasselblad is good too. Hehe.

Leica M9.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    canon entry level feels plasticky to me...
    50d onwards feels much better but i ended up on nikon cos the last pc of 50d was on the hands on the customer behind me..
    But I believed the TS is a pretty gal. 50D might be a bit heavy for her. And I feel that the grip is just too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Leica M9.

T/s, its best that you do not restrict yourself to just these two brands. There are alot of good cameras out there. Do not get it for the sake of because everyone is using it. I hope you have done your research before deciding as to why these two particular models are your choice. As many have said, all cameras have their pros and cons. Best is for you to go out there and have a feel of all the available cameras. Sony for instance is quite good as their entry level dslrs are quite affordable and the weight is quite light too. All the best in hunting for a camera. Oh and welcome to CS.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

yea leica m9 !
    Moments

Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    yea leica m9 !
    think she might need a sponsor for that first.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s
    ehh too cheap le get the leica S2 ><!
    Dots........

Quote Originally Posted by Purance View Post
    ehh too cheap le get the leica S2 ><!
    You must consider the size too.

M9.......................

try your friends' cameras, get a fill of it, ask them what they like & dislike about their camera & also their opinion of the other brand.
    be patient, take some time to find out details, opinions, and also your likings, whether your are a canon or nikon type.....
    of course must compare entry level model vs entry level model (same category), also try the next higher level model & visualise which camp you would progress rather than to switch camp later....(which is costly & time-wasting, rat-race chasing for latest which one is better, rather than concentrate on photography, blaming it on the camera, etc)

I stick to Canon, because:
    1. my first SLR (film) was a canon
    2. I like the wheel dial at the back

between C & N, the rest of the operations quite similar in steps, just layout difference for the basic operations (again comparing entry vs entry, mid vs mid models, etc).
    oh.... if I am not wrong Nikon lens usually heavier, some like it (solid feel), but I prefer it light.
    some say Nikon has better ergonomics & easier operations, I think some functions are better in C & some in N....so.....

anyway, I prefer Canon although I don't mind Nikon, when you shoot just do it.....regardless of camera brand, body or lens, just enjoy it
    Last edited by rokieto; 21st March 2010 at 12:01 AM.
    enjoy photography....regardless of brand, body or lenses....

Quote Originally Posted by rokieto View Post
    try your friends' cameras, get a fill of it, ask them what they like & dislike about their camera & also their opinion of the other brand.
    be patient, take some time to find out details, opinions, and also your likings, whether your are a canon or nikon type.....
    of course must compare entry level model vs entry level model (same category), also try the next higher level model & visualise which camp you would progress rather than to switch camp later....(which is costly & time-wasting, rat-race chasing for latest which one is better, rather than concentrate on photography, blaming it on the camera, etc)

I stick to Canon, because:
    1. my first SLR (film) was a canon
    2. I like the wheel dial at the back

between C & N, the rest of the operations quite similar in steps, just layout difference for the basic operations (again comparing entry vs entry, mid vs mid models, etc).
    oh.... if I am not wrong Nikon lens usually heavier, some like it (solid feel), but I prefer it light.
    some say Nikon has better ergonomics & easier operations, I think some functions are better in C & some in N....so.....

anyway, I prefer Canon although I don't mind Nikon, when you shoot just do it.....regardless of camera brand, body or lens, just enjoy it
    HeHes , i love the way you talk btw. whats fps for ?

Canon/Nikon are not the only 2 good DSLR makers you know?

Blog Entries

Excuse me but I think firearms are banned in Singapore.

Any camera is fine. Different people like different camera. So you have to find what works for you. In terms of value, Pentax is packing the most value nowadays in the form of the Kx, followed closely by Sony.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast