Thread: Of the ky and the tree.

Default Of the ky and the tree.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    --Everything. Im newbie who just bought my A330 last week. Please comment on anything you want.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    -- Hope i'll be inspired whenever i see this picture and remind myself that the sky is always blue and there's everything to work for!

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    -- It was a hot day at my location! Took awhile for me to get this right. Hope it works..

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    -- I'm not too sure as i just started out.. Hope i can get honest comments on this picture..

Default Re: Of the ky and the tree.

hi any comments.. thanks..

The blues are quite saturated from my point of view where I am seeing. Maybe you are trying to bring out the blues in this picture but I think the blues could tone down abit. As for the composition, take note of what you include in your frame, even to the extent of the shape of clouds. The cloud on the right is abit too big and it seems distracting imo. Maybe you would wait for the big cloud to pass by and wait for a nicely formed clouds before you take the shot?

I am glad that you are proud of your work and this picture inspires you. Keep this photo as a benchmark and keep taking pictures.. I am sure when you compare and look back, you'll find how much you have improved.
    D80|Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8|Nikon 50mm f/1.8D|80-200mm f/2.8D
    PortFolio | Photo Blog

I'd be blinded more often than inspired whenever I see this image.

Why do you need/want the tree in the frame?

My honest comment will be...

this seems like...an accidentally taken picture ( for me that is ).

Quite common / normal for new starters, coz everything is new and fresh and strange.

I will still take picture of such nature, but with a purpose....for my stock reference.

Is this too honest for you ?
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 23rd March 2010 at 05:01 AM.