Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone don't want to be a pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one?

Default Re: Anyone don't want to be a pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one?

There is a rather famous radiologist at CMPB.

"Breath in, Breath in, Breath in... Suck in your chest... And hold... you breath..."
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Default Re: Anyone don't want to be a pro photographer but unfortunately forced to be one?

i bought too much lv handbags for the xmm i was shooting in an attempt to make her my wife.

now i have to be a pro photographer because one wedding $300, a lot of couples want, without looking at my portfolio.

every 10 weddings or so i get one chance at making a xmm my wife.

success rate thus far: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i bought too much lv handbags for the xmm i was shooting in an attempt to make her my wife.

now i have to be a pro photographer because one wedding $300, a lot of couples want, without looking at my portfolio.

are u sure?
    Even $150, I think they will still request for your portfolio!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    are u sure?
    Even $150, I think they will still request for your portfolio!!!
    i usually meet them with my pentax k20d with 8 toilet paper rolls painted black as the battery grip, and my tamron 70-300 fully extended with 10 toilet paper rolls painted black.

after i swing around dramatically a few times to impress upon them how huge my camera and lens are, they stop asking about the portfolio and sign me up quickly and happily.

i usually meet them with my pentax k20d with 8 toilet paper rolls painted black as the battery grip, and my tamron 70-300 fully extended with 10 toilet paper rolls painted black.

after i swing around dramatically a few times to impress upon them how huge my camera and lens are, they stop asking about the portfolio and sign me up quickly and happily.
    With that, i think you can get away for $1000 per wedding without them asking about portfolios...

That will increase the chances of making XMM your wife by 3 times!

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    if you can shoot and write and willing to travel almost anywhere you can be a travel photographer and also get paid as a writer
    I do know a photo enthusiast who has got one or two tour agency sign up with him to shoot some scene of the package tour locations, he get to tag along with the tour group. But that was before the digital era came in.

Now the tour guide has been forced to become the photographer for the agency...

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    I do know a photo enthusiast who has got one or two tour agency sign up with him to shoot some scene of the package tour locations, he get to tag along with the tour group. But that was before the digital era came in.

One wedding $300??!!!! Can I have your number please? I ready to sign contract to hire you for my wedding immediately. No need portfolio... come as backup photog!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    One wedding $300??!!!! Can I have your number please? I ready to sign contract to hire you for my wedding immediately. No need portfolio... come as backup photog!
    if i sit around and do nothing and drink all your wine at the banquet, is it fine?

if i sit around and do nothing and drink all your wine at the banquet, is it fine?
    So you're going to set the remote timer for your camera on interval exposures?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So you're going to set the remote timer for your camera on interval exposures?

yes, time lapse wedding

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    at first
    I didn't study high enough
    I'm not aggressive enough
    I don't have big ambition
    and photography is easy much less competition at that time.

and nowadays, everybody have a DLSR
    people just pass out from school call themself creative directors
    secondary students become wedding photographers
    housewives become children photographers
    event photographers filled the streets
    DI artists from India and Peru offering US$1 per image for image touchup

I'm not strong enough to do manual work,
    I'm not smart enough to do office work,
    I'm too old to change career
    I've a big family to feed,

so I stay on as a photographer.
    it is not a choice now, is destiny
    WELL SAID!!!
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

$120 ang pow please. Else go see Judge Joe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12