Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Passion of Christ

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jason

On another note, has anyone caught The Gospel of John? Recommend
    it?

Watching tonight. Will update tomorrow. Watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonian Foo
    According to Newsweek, there are elements of anti-semitism in this movie.

I guess every movie will have its critics. Most importantly, we should look at the subject of this movie. The critics can wait.

Btw, the movie is rated M-18....... Sad that those below 18 can't watch it.
    Last edited by NitroTech; 23rd March 2004 at 01:25 PM.

Thumbs up Apparently no cuts

Heard from the news that with the M18 rating, there will be no cuts to the movie because the scenes are essential to the message of the movie (as so many who has watched it could testify). Would those who have seen the movie still watch it knowing those scenes would be cut? I doubt so.

i really really want to watch this! please let us know how it is after you watch it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    May I ask if there are any Christians amongst any of you who are keen to watch the movie?

The reason why I could cry at some of the scenes was not because of the bloodshed and beatings but because I understand the love that the Lord have for all of us that he let his Son die on the cross for our sins. It was that act of sacrifice portrayed in the many frightening scenes of the film which touched me deeply. Reading about it in the bible is one thing but watching it done so graphically accurate is another all together.

For the poster who compares the spillage of blood to Kill Bill and Black Hawk Down, you need to get a perspective of the film's intended purpose. And that is to show the sacrifce which God laid down for all of us sinners.
    Amen!!! bro. Amen!! Yeah I am interested to watch as well but I hope to be back from my overseas trip before Good Friday. Maybe if anyone of you guys here watching after Good Friday then count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by evildolly
    i really really want to watch this! please let us know how it is after you watch it tonight!

Ehhhh, tonight is "Gospel of John", not "The Passion".

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech

oops. lolz read wrongly then

let us know if that is good too?

proceeds go to the Family Life Ministry. They are helping a lot preparing me for my church wedding, so I don't mind paying more.

They will help you too if you decide to hold your wedding in a church next time.
    LOL.
    What if I decide not to marry and become a nun.

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    LOL.
    What if I decide not to marry and become a nun.
    Then you must still be charitable and still support non-profit organizations aye?
    Cannot run one!!

Default The Passion of the Christ

Hi,
    Was across the Causeway over the weekend to accompany my wife for the voting.
    Guess what, DVD of the movie is out and selling for RM12.
    Was tempted to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    awesome awesome movie

you will leave the theatre in awe

I bought the movie's picture book.

The whole movie is one photographic masterpiece.

Everything is done to perfection.

Don't know whether it's sold in singapore.
    How much is the movie's picture book?
    Where can I get it?
    I'm a person who seldom go out shopping

Quote Originally Posted by fox
    Amen!!! bro. Amen!! Yeah I am interested to watch as well but I hope to be back from my overseas trip before Good Friday. Maybe if anyone of you guys here watching after Good Friday then count me in.
    Would anyone like to join me this Good Friday at 4:30pm, Orchard Cineleisure? I am a newbie here and therefore, I know it would be funny to ask something like this but it struck me that it would be good to see if anyone is interested and who knows maybe a photography ministry could be formed and we could all reach out to many.

If anyone of you is interested to start something like this, please let me know so that we can kick start something....

Deregistered

apparently, one of the earlier posters to the thread mentioned it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    It was indeed sad watching how both Jews and Romans could treat the Son of Man the way they did.

Which cinema showing the 'Gospel of John"?

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711
    Would anyone like to join me this Good Friday at 4:30pm, Orchard Cineleisure? I am a newbie here and therefore, I know it would be funny to ask something like this but it struck me that it would be good to see if anyone is interested and who knows maybe a photography ministry could be formed and we could all reach out to many.

If anyone of you is interested to start something like this, please let me know so that we can kick start something....

Arrry where r u from? What photography 'Ministry' r u talking about? What does reach out to many mean? But it sounded something interesting to do...

Many pple interpret it as anti-sematic (anti-jews) as they see it on the surface. The Jews (or Romans for that matter) did not kill Jesus, Jesus gave his life for us as a sacrificial lamb for the atonement of (our) sin. In addition, the hatred amongst the jews for the blood of Jesus was coupled by the devil's lies and the jews' disillusion and disappointment that the Messiah came from a humble background.

Nevertheless, Jesus loved the jews as well as the non-jews (non cristians included) equally and perfectly.

I am really looking forward to see this film.

"There are only 2 kinds of people in this world.
    Those whom Jesus love,
    and those who know it"

i'm going to catch this movie too!
    most prob alone, in the front few rows too... haha

by the way, i saw the pictorial book on sale at Times in Plaza Sing...

flipped a few pages and the visuals were quite shocking...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Can't wait for the movie to be released. Anyone keen on watching?

hmmm..i think the movie is known as "the passion of the christ" instead...haha..or am i wrong?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711

Yeaps! my fren she used her talents in doing part of GOds work! She took up photography and multiply the talents that God has given her! Now she is in Thailand capturing picture that speaks! to mobilise young ppl for the Great COmmission thru the pics she takes. And this really inspire & influence me to take up photography as well(something that i always wanted to do).

Continue to see thru GOd's lenses with HS's anointing, use you to speak to ppl!

have you been multiplying your talents? Or.. are you hidding your talents in the ground?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast