View Poll Results: A Treble for Arsenal ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's about time for a treble for them.

4 25.00%
  • I think humiliating Manchester United another time in the FA finals is suffice.

3 18.75%
  • Nah... Premiership Title is more than enough for them.

9 56.25%

Thread: Arsenal to win a Treble?

Default Arsenal to win a Treble?

Arsenal is now way too far ahead in the premiership, still have Champions League and FA Cup on hand.

So you think they can do a treble?

Why do you think they can or can't?

I think they should at least seal the FA cup.

Option 2 in the poll is wrong. Not finals but Semi finals.

Upz!!!!

Treble??? What treble??

From soccernet..... "From a possible treble to at most a single in just four days, Arsenal's cloak of invincibility has been cut down to size with astonishing speed"

Like they say "there is always next year... and the next and the next ....."
    Last edited by NitroTech; 7th April 2004 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    Upz!!!!

Treble??? What treble??

From soccernet..... "From a possible treble to at most a single in just four days, Arsenal's cloak of invincibility has been cut down to size with astonishing speed"

Like they say "there is always next year... and the next and the next ....."
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

oh poor arsenal..what a season..down the drain...

same for real madrid...that's soccer for ya.

Arsenal never seems to have stamina. Everyone say Arsenal have great dominance at the top level ..... I think Micheal Suchmacher in Formula 1 is a better example.

But anyhow, this loss to them is what we call football entertainment. Now let's see if Chelsea or Man U can claw back the league title.

No offence to Arsenal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Arsenal never seems to have stamina. Everyone say Arsenal have great dominance at the top level ..... I think Micheal Suchmacher in Formula 1 is a better example.

But anyhow, this loss to them is what we call football entertainment. Now let's see if Chelsea or Man U can claw back the league title.

No offence to Arsenal fans.
    Basically, Man Utd and Chelsea have nothing to lose (cos everyone already feels that they can't win the premiership)..... That's the beauty!!!

now arsenal is going to face liverpool and newcastle next...think arsenal's first league loss is coming soon.

if they lost/draw to liverpool and newcastle..chances are..the title might go to chelski.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Let me make a wild guess... Wenger's gonna blame the tight fixtures for crashing out of the FA Cup and Champions League one after another...

But we've gotta give it to them for doing so well in the EPL... don't thinkk Chelsea & Man U's gonna topple them easily...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang
    Let me make a wild guess... Wenger's gonna blame the tight fixtures for crashing out of the FA Cup and Champions League one after another...

But we've gotta give it to them for doing so well in the EPL... don't thinkk Chelsea & Man U's gonna topple them easily...
    Guess what? Wenger didn't blame the fixture..at least that's alot better than the scum's manager.

Taken from soccernet.

Crestfallen Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitted that his team had failed to recover from FA Cup defeat to Manchester United as their Champions League dreams were shattered by Chelsea's 2-1 win at Highbury.
    Just four days ago, the Gunners were chasing a league, cup and European treble. Now, after Saturday's 1-0 loss to Manchester United in the domestic cup and a home reverse to the Blues, Wenger's men must rediscover their previous form to secure the Premiership title, the only trophy that remains in sight.

And they may be without injured striker Thierry Henry as they entertain Liverpool on Friday before a tough trip to Newcastle on Sunday.

Henry was taken off with a hamstring strain in the closing stages, albeit five minutes before Chelsea struck their winner.

Wenger revealed: 'Thierry had injured his hamstring and wanted to come off. He will be out for the weekend but it's difficult to say for how long after that.'

The Arsenal boss added: 'We are really down, it's a big blow to have lost this game. We had a good first half but then we couldn't kill the game off.

'The cruel thing was that we couldn't make it to extra-time, when sometimes the game can change around. When they scored, the game was over.

'The FA Cup semi-final affected us more than we thought. This is now another big blow for us but it is a test of our mental strength to turn things around.

'Of course, it is possible [that Arsenal will win nothing this season] but we have a big weekend in front of us and we must do well in the Liverpool game. That will be vital.

'I've nothing against Claudio Ranieri but, in my position, I can't jump to the roof because another manager has been successful.

'Football is a cruel game and sometimes it's just difficult to accept.'
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang

I agree with you totally

As voted in the poll sometime back, hee hee hee a couple of us are spot on in saying the EPL title is just what Asernal deserved,
    no doubt they play very attractive football, I feel their squad is slightly on the thin side compared to chelsea (who is not thin compared to chelsea) and Man U, they had their share of luck with injuries and suspension until now
    and it is always during this crucial stage that they stumple and it will have a great negative phyicological effect on them year after year......

nevertheless I think they have done enough to win the EPL already,
    but the next two game will be very interesting, both liverpool and newcastle will wanna win it to earn that last position to be in champ league next year,
    my prediction for next 2 match, 1 draw and 1 lose for Asernal,
    will prob draw liverpool and lose to Newcastle,

just my guess, but who knows they might just cont with the 30 game unbeaten run and finish the rest of the season without a defeat,

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    now arsenal is going to face liverpool and newcastle next...think arsenal's first league loss is coming soon.

if they lost/draw to liverpool and newcastle..chances are..the title might go to chelski.
    It should be coming definitely probably at Liverpool's hands. The way Liverpool played against Blackburn, it is like how Arsenal played when they are in top form. So if Liverpool continues with such form, Arsenal is going down.... same goes for Newcastle.

If all these happens, Chelsea will most likely win the title, maybe Champions League and then Mr. Claudio will be sacked. haha .. that's football....